Can't install expansions D:

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Can't install expansions D:

Post by SeoY on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:15

Weisse.Fee wrote:Well, i've got some news!
i installed the Mastercontroller, Errortrap and Overwatch, to see what would happen. I saved right before picking my baby plantsim. Errortrap detected 12 errors on the script, the baby still "doesn't exist", although now i can see his newborn face in the square on the side. i don't know if that's progress, but that's something!

Weisse.Fee wrote:
Layloria wrote:Hello,

If the following mods that SeoY mentioned don't help, then I have a solution that might work for you.
1. You may need to download a more reliable torrent of the Sims 3 and expansions such as from Games4theworld.org/downloads
1.a I had an issue like this where I got Pets from somewhere else and CAS items wouldn't appear and the sim would be wearing invisible clothing (just head).

2. If you would rather try something else but I recommend option 1, especially if this doesn't work. One odd solution is throwing a party then trying to adopt the pet immediately after. Its an odd and possibly a one-time-one-person solution.

However please try using the mods SeoY mentioned as some of these ingame glitches are unsolvable without mods.

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria

Thank you!! A party, that's weird!! XD this time i downloaded everything from Games4theworld.org/downloads, exactly because i thought something was wrong with the ones i already had. That's the first time those things happen to me D:

One recommendation: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink
Oh, and try not using the black font color, as it blends in with the background and becomes hard to read.

I think I already recommended this, but if you haven't tried it yet maybe it's worth a shot. Try attempting the same things that are causing you problems (the PlantSim bit and the adoption of pets) in a new save in a complete new The Sims 3 folder. You can rename the current folder to The Sims 3 Backup and/or move it somewhere else, so that when you start the game again, another The Sims 3 folder will be generated. Then, create a new save and see if now those things work. It may be annoying to do, but if you are so desperate about fixing this errors, I suggest you try it. Smile
You can also do it with and without the Nraas Mods you have (moving the Mods folder to the new The Sims 3 folder) to see if there's any difference.

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Weisse.Fee on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:51

I'll try that too, thanks!
Sorry, it won't happen again! x.x

Weisse.Fee
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:57

Weisse.Fee wrote:I'll try that too, thanks!
Sorry, it won't happen again! x.x

Don't worry! It's just so you know. Wink

Do let us know if any of all of these suggestion work. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Weisse.Fee on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 20:28

Well, i guess it's over! I renamed the The sims 3 folder and started the game. Created a new sim and adopted a dog. It worked!
I was full of hope, so i copied my saves folder to the new The sims 3 folder, but nothing changed. So, i guess the save is not working properly, right?
I'll create a new household, it's not worth playing with the save that i know are not working fine. It's sad, but it's a fact.

Thank you very very much!! <3<3<3
Weisse.Fee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 3, and did i mention The Sims 3?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 20:32

Weisse.Fee wrote:Well, i guess it's over! I renamed the The sims 3 folder and started the game. Created a new sim and adopted a dog. It worked!
I was full of hope, so i copied my saves folder to the new The sims 3 folder, but nothing changed. So, i guess the save is not working properly, right?
I'll create a new household, it's not worth playing with the save that i know are not working fine. It's sad, but it's a fact.

Thank you very very much!! <3<3<3

I'm glad that the issue is solved! Very Happy

Yes, it's possible that there's something wrong with the save. You can check this post to see if it helps:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves-including-error-12

You can give those tips a shot if you want. If you have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back. Good luck! Wink

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum