New update is requiring a disk. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New update is requiring a disk. [SOLVED]

Post by jwh18 on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:03

I have updated the Sims 3 to the latest update, but now it is saying to insert disk. Obviously I don't have have a disk. I think the ultimate fix files are outdated, so is there anything I can do to uninstall the latest update and wait until the ultimate fix is updated? Right now the game won't get pass the Maxis load screen.

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New update is requiring a disk. [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:27

Hello there, and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

After updating the game to 1.67, you should re-download the Ultimate Fix, and then apply it again. You are right, the version of the Ultimate Fix you applied must have been outdated, so please re-download it and copy the .dll and .exe inside the #Crack folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Or, if your base game is from Origin, they must go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

The current version of the Fix is compatible with 1.67, that is the latest patch of The Sims 3. You can find it here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Please, let us know how it goes! Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:17

It says, "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. we recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them- otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?" I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions and downloaded the latest fix. Does this error sound familiar? Thanks for your help! Smile

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:27

@jwh18 wrote:It says, "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. we recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them- otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?" I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions and downloaded the latest fix. Does this error sound familiar? Thanks for your help! Smile

Yes, that sounds very familiar. Wink

It's usually caused by outdated cracks. Sorry, but I have to ask again. Did you re-download the Ultimate Fix and apply it correctly? So, please re-do the Steps #2-4 in the guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Remember to only use the #Crack folder inside the Ultimate Fix, and not the ones inside the torrents for each game. Those are outdated and won't work anymore.

Please, keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck! Smile

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:43

Yes. The game updated just fine, but I get the error mentioned above whenever I try to play. At the bottom of the sign in screen, it says I have the latest version. So, it no longer needs updating, but it still won't open. I have done it several times now.

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:52

@jwh18 wrote:Yes. The game updated just fine, but I get the error mentioned above whenever I try to play. At the bottom of the sign in screen, it says I have the latest version. So, it no longer needs updating, but it still won't open. I have done it several times now.

Hi again. Smile

After updating the game, could you tell me the steps you followed? Just so I can understand better what you did.

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:07

I dragged the files from the crack folder in the ultimate fix to the sims folder recommended in the instructions.

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:15

@jwh18 wrote:I dragged the files from the crack folder in the ultimate fix to the sims folder recommended in the instructions.

Did you also make sure to choose Replace when you were prompted for an action?

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:21

Yes, what's in the bin folder is the same that is in the fix folder. It seems like it is out of date, but i downloaded the fix that was supposed to be current. I don't know. Thanks for trying to help! Smile

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:27

@jwh18 wrote:Yes, what's in the bin folder is the same that is in the fix folder. It seems like it is out of date, but i downloaded the fix that was supposed to be current. I don't know. Thanks for trying to help! Smile

No problem! Smile

If you are still not sure if you have the latest Ultimate Fix, please post a screenshot of the Bin folder with all the files visible (and in details mode).

But if you now are sure that it's outdated, please re-download it. Here's the link again, if you need it:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Do let us know if this helped or not. Good luck Very Happy

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:55

I guess I'm confused on the all expansion packs released after and including generations folder. I have to drag the files in that folder as well as the files in the crack folder in the same place?

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:59

@jwh18 wrote:I guess I'm confused on the all expansion packs released after and including generations folder. I have to drag the files in that folder as well as the files in the crack folder in the same place?

Ah, I see. Yes, according to the guide the files in both folders go to the same place. But if your game is updated to 1.67, you don't need to do all of the steps on the guide that comes inside the Ultimate Fix. The only one that is necessary is the #Crack folder of the Fix, you can ignore the rest.

Both the .dll and the .exe of the #Crack folder go to the Bin in the The Sims 3 folder. Don't use the files inside the "All expansions released after and including Generations".

So, just follow the last step of the guide. Wink

Good luck, and let us know if this fixed your issue! Very Happy

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 01:07

When I do that, it's giving me the same modification error I posted above.

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 01:14

@jwh18 wrote:When I do that, it's giving me the same modification error I posted above.

Do you have any Mods installed? If you do, please make sure that they are updated to 1.67. You can check if they are the source of the error by removing the Mods folder from inside the The Sims 3 folder in Documents and putting it somewhere else temporarily. After that, delete the caches. Specifically you should delete the scriptCache.package file that is in the same folder.

Afterwards, check if the error disappears.

Please, keep us updated. Good luck! Smile

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 02:19

OK I'll try that. Thanks Smile

//EDIT

Wow that did it. Don't I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for all your help!

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 02:26

Wow that did it. Don't I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for all your help!

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 02:27

@jwh18 wrote:OK I'll try that. Thanks Smile

@jwh18 wrote:Wow that did it. Don't I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for all your help!

No problem! Very Happy

If the mods were the problem, updating them for the latest patch should remove the error.

Glad your issue is resolved. If you need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Good luck! Smile

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwh18 on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 02:28

You guys are great! Thanks for your patience. I totally forgot about the mod folder.

//EDIT

Helper Edit: Feel free to start another topic in the future if you have more questions! Topic is closed for now.

-J.T.

jwh18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum