The Sims 2 not working on windows 7?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 not working on windows 7?

Post by elledarkviolet on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 04:09

hello! I just installed your the sims 2 complete collection, but for some reason,.. it's not working? whenever i click on the game, it says "The Sims 2 has stopped working" Sad

elledarkviolet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 2 not working on windows 7?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 05:51

@elledarkviolet wrote:hello! I just installed your the sims 2 complete collection, but for some reason,.. it's not working? whenever i click on the game, it says "The Sims 2 has stopped working" Sad

//MOVED

Hello elledarkviolet,

First of all, please, NEVER post your game issues in the "Complaints"-section. I moved your topic to the right place. That said, can you try right-clicking on the .exe file with which to start The Sims 2 ? Go to "Properties" and then to "Compatibility". Cahnge the compatibility setting to Windows XP (SP3). See if that helps you. If not, un-install that download completely and re-boot the computer afterwards.

Next, check out this topic here and re-download The Sims 2 (from another uploader on Piratebay, as mentioned in that thread):

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16036-the-sims-2-double-deluxe-solved

Take your time to read through that topic carefully. That's the best advice I can offer for now. Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elledarkviolet on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 06:41

thank you! and sorry because i don't really know how i post it on the right section..

//EDIT: hello! i tried to reboot my computer after i uninstall the game. but it's still not working. after the 4th mds file, it ask for the disk 1 again.. what should i do?
it wont let me install, it asks for the disk 1. i can tell that it's not finished because i can't even run the launcher.. it says "the sims 2 has has stopped working" and the sneak peak something... it says on the bottom that the sims 2 installation is still on progress.

//EDIT: hello! it's working now... the problem is that i didn't put the crack on the tsbin folder, i downloaded the crack here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJed0ZtG9Wo

elledarkviolet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 11:01

Hello,
Please do not double post, but edit your post like I did here.
I am glad you could find the solution to your problem, and sorry we could not help you with it sooner.

Anything else we can help you with?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 23:02

@elledarkviolet wrote:thank you! and sorry because i don't really know how i post it on the right section..

//EDIT: hello! i tried to reboot my computer after i uninstall the game. but it's still not working. after the 4th mds file, it ask for the disk 1 again.. what should i do?
it wont let me install, it asks for the disk 1. i can tell that it's not finished because i can't even run the launcher.. it says "the sims 2 has has stopped working" and the sneak peak something... it says on the bottom that the sims 2 installation is still on progress.

//EDIT: hello! it's working now... the problem is that i didn't put the crack on the tsbin folder, i downloaded the crack here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJed0ZtG9Wo

There would've been no need to "re-download" any additional crack...everything you need is inside that (huge) .ISO file, in the topic I linked to in my first reply. But yes, is your game working now ? 

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elledarkviolet on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 02:29

Yes it does, thank you! and oh sorry for that again.. thank you so much! I LOVE GFTW!

elledarkviolet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:30

So does that mean it is working now?
Anything else we can help you with?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:43

@elledarkviolet wrote:Yes it does, thank you! and oh sorry for that again.. thank you so much! I LOVE GFTW!

I hope that G4TW will re-release The Sims 2 and its EPs/SPs too. Very Happy  But before this can happen, a LOT of pre-release testing will be necessary, especially on the newer Windows OSes like Vista, 7 & 8. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum