I BOUGHT SIMS 4 TODAY!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I BOUGHT SIMS 4 TODAY!!

Post by alibeasley on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 02:14

I LOVE the game. It's so much fun Smile I was going to wait until you games4theworld could get it out, but I decided to go ahead and get it. Very much worth it. 

I do have a question though. Is there a download just for the game? And if you have a product code, can you just enter it? Or would you have to download the game straight from Origin? I hope that question make sense.

alibeasley
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I BOUGHT SIMS 4 TODAY!!

Post by SeoY on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 02:45

@alibeasley wrote:I LOVE the game. It's so much fun Smile I was going to wait until you games4theworld could get it out, but I decided to go ahead and get it. Very much worth it. 

I do have a question though. Is there a download just for the game? And if you have a product code, can you just enter it? Or would you have to download the game straight from Origin? I hope that question make sense.

Hi there! Smile

So, you are asking if there's a way to download the game that is not Origin? Yes, I think there is (or was) one. However, may I ask why don't you want to download it from Origin? If you already have the game, it's a lot more convenient to get it from there, or installed through the disk. And you need Origin installed anyway for the game to authenticate. If you have a product code, you just need to enter it in Origin and the game should be added to your library.

In other words, I think you can get it from somewhere else, but you need Origin anyway. Why take the trouble to download it from another source?

I hope I understood the question. Good luck! Very Happy

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1715

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 17:40

@alibeasley wrote:I LOVE the game. It's so much fun Smile I was going to wait until you games4theworld could get it out, but I decided to go ahead and get it. Very much worth it. 

Hello alibeasley,

Yes, I saw someone having retail discs for the game. You can install the game with the discs, but you still need to install Origin after that, in order to "activate" the game. Indeed, there isn't much practical relevance between "downloading from Origin" vs. "retail disc versions".

You always have to activate a retail game via Origin.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12307

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stabitha666 on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 03:46

Carlos wrote:

Hello alibeasley,

Yes, I saw someone having retail discs for the game. You can install the game with the discs, but you still need to install Origin after that, in order to "activate" the game. Indeed, there isn't much practical relevance between "downloading from Origin" vs. "retail disc versions".

You always have to activate a retail game via Origin.
Well adding after what Carlos said, After you Activate the game on Origin, you could always redownload the game if anything were to happen to the original disc.
In order to do this, You download Origin and go to redeem game i believe and put in the product code. If that isnt it, i will look into it.
They did this a long while ago, so that people who bought the disc version would have the best of both worlds.

stabitha666
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1, 2, & 3, Diablo 1, 2, & 3, Soul Caliber, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., America Mcgee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, Okamiden,Magic: The Gathering,...and other stuffs
Female Posts : 263

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum