So is this Sims 4 "cracker" lying? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So is this Sims 4 "cracker" lying? [SOLVED]

Post by morkeus on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 06:32

Hey,
I don't know whether or not we're allowed to mention some crackers here. Know about the "no links" rule, and I don't think I can post them yet as a new user anyway. Smile Hope mentioning that I found something on google is fine. Also wasn't sure whether or not this can be a new thread. So moderators can please delete this it if it violates any rules.

I've been keeping up on the various torrents on tpb, kickass and other torrent sites as well as visiting these forums for a couple of weeks, and as far as I know, the latest crack is 3DM's v6 and it requires Origin. I'm sure Games4theworld will distribute a stable and virus-free torrent eventually, but just while googling, I found a page claiming that it was a torrent from

CRACKER NAME:
Razor1911

that apparently "works" according to people in the page's comments. It doesn't even mention the need for Origin in the instructions, but there may be the need to install it, I'm not sure. You can just casually find it by googling "Sims 4 torrent *and then cracker name mentioned above*".

There are a couple of issues with this. Firstly, it was posted on 20th August, which is 2 weeks before the game's release. I guess it must have been updated by them over time 'cos I first found that page on the day of the game's release. Secondly, as I said, nowhere does it mention the need for Origin at all. Again, there may be a need for this once downloaded, but the comments on that page mention no such thing. Thirdly, why has this not been uploaded on ANY of the torrent sites? Or was it, and those sites found some kind of malware or virus in it and deleted the torrent?

So basically, is that actually the real

CRACKER NAME:
Razor1911

of old, considering these crackers supposedly never make their own websites? Even if they're the real thing, are they (and it's comments) lying about a working non-Origin crack? I'll wait for Games4theworld, or at least a well-rated non-Origin crack by a trusted uploader on one of the torrent sites, but wanted to know if some of the veterans here can clear these doubts. Smile

Sorry if this can't be discussed here, and again, do delete the thread if it violates any rule. Smile

morkeus
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this Sims 4 "cracker" lying? [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 07:02

Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

I'm not a veteran, but I would like to give you my opinion anyway.
You should remember that those crackers don't have their own websites. None of them. The page you are talking about is a 'fan-page', not maintained by the cracker himself. So, the cracker can't be lying, as that page is not his. Wink

About the torrent, yes, it looks completely sketchy. The comments were made before the game was even released, and do not say much at all. I absolutely doubt the veracity of that download, considering that if it was real and working (and uploaded just as the game was released, if not before), it would have been an instant hit.

So, not only I doubt that it's an Origin-less crack, I think it's not even a crack at all. The commenters are either lying or not even real. Of course, that is my opinion. I could be very wrong. Still, I wouldn't download it. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 20:23

@morkeus wrote:Hey,
I don't know whether or not we're allowed to mention some crackers here. Know about the "no links" rule, and I don't think I can post them yet as a new user anyway. Smile Hope mentioning that I found something on google is fine. Also wasn't sure whether or not this can be a new thread. So moderators can please delete this it if it violates any rules.

I've been keeping up on the various torrents on tpb, kickass and other torrent sites as well as visiting these forums for a couple of weeks, and as far as I know, the latest crack is 3DM's v6 and it requires Origin. I'm sure Games4theworld will distribute a stable and virus-free torrent eventually, but just while googling, I found a page claiming that it was a torrent from

CRACKER NAME:
Razor1911

that apparently "works" according to people in the page's comments. It doesn't even mention the need for Origin in the instructions, but there may be the need to install it, I'm not sure. You can just casually find it by googling "Sims 4 torrent *and then cracker name mentioned above*".

There are a couple of issues with this. Firstly, it was posted on 20th August, which is 2 weeks before the game's release. I guess it must have been updated by them over time 'cos I first found that page on the day of the game's release. Secondly, as I said, nowhere does it mention the need for Origin at all. Again, there may be a need for this once downloaded, but the comments on that page mention no such thing. Thirdly, why has this not been uploaded on ANY of the torrent sites? Or was it, and those sites found some kind of malware or virus in it and deleted the torrent?

CRACKER NAME:
Razor1911

of old, considering these crackers supposedly never make their own websites? Even if they're the real thing, are they (and it's comments) lying about a working non-Origin crack? I'll wait for Games4theworld, or at least a well-rated non-Origin crack by a trusted uploader on one of the torrent sites, but wanted to know if some of the veterans here can clear these doubts. Smile

Sorry if this can't be discussed here, and again, do delete the thread if it violates any rule. Smile

Hello morkeus,

You can view it this way: how realistic - do you think - is it that a "release" that came out way before the game does not require Origin ? And now, when you think that the major uploaders still have not (yet) found a way to remove Origin, then all of this looks very suspicious to me. 

The currently circulating cracks everybody is talking about still require you to log into an Origin account, and then going into "Offline"-mode before starting the game. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by morkeus on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 02:55

@SeoY wrote:Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

I'm not a veteran, but I would like to give you my opinion anyway.
You should remember that those crackers don't have their own websites. None of them. The page you are talking about is a 'fan-page', not maintained by the cracker himself. So, the cracker can't be lying, as that page is not his. Wink

About the torrent, yes, it looks completely sketchy. The comments were made before the game was even released, and do not say much at all. I absolutely doubt the veracity of that download, considering that if it was real and working (and uploaded just as the game was released, if not before), it would have been an instant hit.

So, not only I doubt that it's an Origin-less crack, I think it's not even a crack at all. The commenters are either lying or not even real. Of course, that is my opinion. I could be very wrong. Still, I wouldn't download it. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Carlos wrote:
@morkeus wrote:Hey,

CRACKER NAME:
Razor1911

CRACKER NAME:
Razor1911

Hello morkeus,

You can view it this way: how realistic - do you think - is it that a "release" that came out way before the game does not require Origin ? And now, when you think that the major uploaders still have not (yet) found a way to remove Origin, then all of this looks very suspicious to me. 

The currently circulating cracks everybody is talking about still require you to log into an Origin account, and then going into "Offline"-mode before starting the game. 

Yeah that's what I figured. Smile Those comments must be submitted by the site-runners themselves, or their friends. I knew the scene groups don't have websites. So I guess: stick to G4TW or well-rated/trusted downloads on the torrent websites. Thanks for your help. Smile

morkeus
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 03:01

@morkeus wrote:
Yeah that's what I figured. Smile Those comments must be submitted by the site-runners themselves, or their friends. I knew the scene groups don't have websites. So I guess: stick to G4TW or well-rated/trusted downloads on the torrent websites. Thanks for your help. Smile

You're very welcome morkeus. Smile  Around the time The Sims 4 was "freshly" released, there were quite a number of fake torrents on Piratebay, but they eventually got removed. Things like that are especially common for eagerly-anticipated games, but yes. We can only use our common sense, and any prior experience(s) when dealing with that stuff.

Don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other question. I'll close the thread now. Until next time: have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum