My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by haileox on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:13

So I bought the sims 3 base game and late night, and tonight I downloaded ambitions and pets from games4theworld. I installed them all correctly (i have done this before) and when I first opened the launcher it said I needed the disk for pets. So I did the ultimate fix and now every time I press the play button my launcher completely freezes. The weird part is that when I open the launcher it always opens up to the Update tab and says my game is up to date, but in the corner it says my game version is 0.0.0.0?? I also noticed that in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts ----- there is no file for the sims 3 there is only files for ambitions, late night, and pets. So I put all the games4theworld stuff in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Im also have windows 8 if that means anything.
Should i uninstall everything and just download all the games from games4theworld??  Why. Why.

haileox
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1068
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:18

Hi there! Smile

If I may ask, do you have any Mods or CC installed? When you used the Manual Patch, did it completely install the update? And have you tried running the game directly from the TS3W.exe, inside Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, to check if it works?

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by haileox on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:42

I dont use mods but i do have CC installed, i tried opening it up from the bin and the same thing happened, and im not sure about the manual patch... it was up to date before i installed the new packs this is the first time ive ever seen the version like that

haileox
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1068
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:45

@haileox wrote:I dont use mods but i do have CC installed, i tried opening it up from the bin and the same thing happened, and im not sure about the manual patch... it was up to date before i installed the new packs this is the first time ive ever seen the version like that

I see. Could you repeat the Steps #2-4 from this guide, please? Smile
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Even if your game is up to date, you should download and apply the Manual Patch anyway. Also, re-download the Ultimate Fix and remember to only use the #Crack folder inside of it. You need to take both the .dll and the .exe inside the #Crack folder and copy them to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, making sure to select 'Copy and Replace' when prompted.

Did you ever make an uninstallation of The Sims 3 in the computer you are using right now?

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by haileox on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:48

@SeoY wrote:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Even if your game is up to date, you should download and apply the Manual Patch anyway. Also, re-download the Ultimate Fix and remember to only use the #Crack folder inside of it. You need to take both the .dll and the .exe inside the #Crack folder and copy them to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, making sure to select 'Copy and Replace' when prompted.

Did you ever make an uninstallation of The Sims 3 in the computer you are using right now?

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy


That was my other problem, i dont know if its just my computer but every time i try and do step two i click the link and it says the post does not exist

haileox
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1068
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by LoriliHime on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:56

Please make sure that you have one of the expansions required for the ultimate fix to work.  Download and apply the manual patch. Then apply the Ultimate Fix Crack to the base game bin folder. This should correct your issue. If it doesn't, Please uninstall and reinstall just the base game. That will correct the launcher. If it says to apply the disk from Pets and you do not have one of the required expansions the ultimate fix will not work.... You can choose to either get one of the required expansions (I liked Generations) or you will need to use a crack for the Pets.... which is outdated ...

_________________


Just for Giggles

LoriliHime
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Elder Scrolls
Female Posts : 197
Points : 1372
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2013-12-20
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by haileox on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 09:00

@LoriliHime wrote:Please make sure that you have one of the expansions required for the ultimate fix to work.  Download and apply the manual patch. Then apply the Ultimate Fix Crack to the base game bin folder. This should correct your issue. If it doesn't, Please uninstall and reinstall just the base game. That will correct the launcher. If it says to apply the disk from Pets and you do not have one of the required expansions the ultimate fix will not work.... You can choose to either get one of the required expansions (I liked Generations) or you will need to use a crack for the Pets.... which is outdated ...

I do have one of the required installed, its pets and i used the crack but its outdated so i guess i should use generations?? I tried installing the manual patch but the link on their website says that the post does not exist.

haileox
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1068
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 09:03

@haileox wrote:That was my other problem, i dont know if its just my computer but every time i try and do step two i click the link and it says the post does not exist

I'm sorry, it seems that the post was accidentally deleted...
Here are the two links to download the Manual Patch:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe
MEGA Mirror: http://goo.gl/ZiGC6I

Please, download it and apply it and then continue with the guide. Keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by haileox on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 09:51

@SeoY wrote:I'm sorry, it seems that the post was accidentally deleted...
Here are the two links to download the Manual Patch:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe
MEGA Mirror: http://goo.gl/ZiGC6I

Please, download it and apply it and then continue with the guide. Keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

I did the manual patch and that took away the 0.0.0.0 and stopped it from freezing, and i did the ultimate fix and it is saying i need the pets disc even though i did the manual patch, im going to try downloading generations and see if that works. thank you so much for your help i really appreciate it.

haileox
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1068
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 09:59

@haileox wrote:I did the manual patch and that took away the 0.0.0.0 and stopped it from freezing, and i did the ultimate fix and it is saying i need the pets disc even though i did the manual patch, im going to try downloading generations and see if that works. thank you so much for your help i really appreciate it.

I'm glad that part of the issue is now solved!

If it's asking you for the Pets disc, it means that the Ultimate Fix was not properly applied. Wink

Remember that you only need to use the #Crack folder inside the Ultimate Fix. Just take the .dll and .exe inside that folder and copy them to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. You can ignore the rest of the folders inside the Ultimate Fix, and you can ignore also the #Crack folder that is inside each expansion pack's installation torrent.

If you do decide to download Generations, keep in mind that you need to repeat the Steps #2-4 from the guide after installing it.

Please, do tell us how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy


Last edited by SeoY on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 18:31; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by haileox on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:05

@SeoY wrote:
I'm glad that part of the issue is now solved!

If it's asking you for the Pets disc, it means that the Ultimate Fix was not properly applied. Wink

Remember that you only need to use the #Crack folder inside the Ultimate Fix. Just take the .dll and .exe inside that folder and copy them to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. You can ignore the rest of the folders inside the Ultimate Fix, and you can ignore also the #Crack folder that is inside each expansion pack's installation torrent.

If you do decide to download Generations, keep in mind that you need to repeat the Steps #2-4 from the guide after installing it.

Please, do tell us how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy



Did the ultimate fix with just the cracked and now it works! yay!  again, thank you so much!

haileox
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1068
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My launcher keeps freezing! help! version 0.0.0.0 [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:07

@haileox wrote:Did the ultimate fix with just the cracked and now it works! yay!  again, thank you so much!

That's good to hear! If you ever have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back. Good luck! Very Happy

EDIT: Topic closed.

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum