Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 2, The Sims, Hitman Absolution, Silent Hill, The Walking Dead, & Minecraft
Female Posts : 256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need Advice on LAPTOP

Post by Shamrock on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:01

Well you will need a good CPU and a good video card. That is the essential part.
Also, if you want to play retro games (past last year I guess), stick with Windows 7.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 20:57

@arrnearrno wrote:i need a gaming laptop any suggestions?

//MOVED

Hello again,

If it really "has" to be a laptop, rather than a desktop, make sure the laptop has a good graphics card, and NOT JUST these "integrated graphics chips". Feel free to link us to a laptop you have in mind for your purposes, so that we can evaluate it. Smile

The thing is, many laptops only have these "integrated graphics chips", that are too weak for gaming. So these laptops are primarily intended for business/office purposes, rather than gaming.

And you shouldn't necessarily expect good "gaming" laptops to be cheap. In the US, for example, it's very hard to find good "gaming" laptops for under $900. But these laptops are expensive everywhere, I guess, unless there is some discount going on (Christmas, etc.).

Good luck, and do keep us posted ! Smile 

//EDIT

For the price of a relatively good "gaming" laptop you might just as well go for a pre-built desktop straight away. I'd even say that in most cases, you would get a much stronger desktop computer for the price of a "gaming" laptop.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum