Sims 3: Ambitions install issue [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3: Ambitions install issue [SOLVED]

Post by ShootyMcFace on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 20:21

When trying to install Ambitions to my game it asks me if I want to uninstall it, which is strange because it isn't installed. How can I fix this. All that is currently installed is just the base game with no expansions. I also read over the "How to correctly install Sims" thing and it did not help.
ShootyMcFace
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Borderlands Series, Sims, WoW, GW2, Forza Series
Male Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3: Ambitions install issue [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 20:23

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

How exactly are you trying to install Ambitions? Are you double clicking the Autorun inside the game installation folder?

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootyMcFace on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 20:26

No, I'm doing as the "# Installation Guide" says and installing the base game followed by World Adventures and High End Lot Stuff

EDIT: My first post was incorrect, I do have WA and High End Lot Stuff installed
ShootyMcFace
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 20:29

ShootyMcFace wrote:No, I'm doing as the "# Installation Guide" says and installing the base game followed by World Adventures and High End Lot Stuff

EDIT: My first post was incorrect, I do have WA and High End Lot Stuff installed

Please, remember that the installation guides inside the torrents are outdated and should not be used. The correct guide is this one here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

To install an EP, just double click the Autorun inside the game installation folder. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootyMcFace on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 21:10

Yeah, that worked. Now have all EPs and SPs installed and they are running great so far. I think I was just missing the update. Thank you!
ShootyMcFace
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 21:14

ShootyMcFace wrote:Yeah, that worked. Now have all EPs and SPs installed and they are running great so far. I think I was just missing the update. Thank you!

That's good to hear! You're welcome. I'll go ahead and close the topic now. If you ever need something else, don't doubt to come back. Good luck! Very Happy

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum