Downloading patches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading patches

Post by xhalesfire on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 16:48

Okay so I was wondering do the torrents classify under CD/DVD versions of the ep or Digital Download? Cause I'm trying to patch some of my ep's to the latest version and I'm not sure which type of patch I should be downloading lol.. sorry if I posted this in the wrong section I think this is where it goes  Facepalm

xhalesfire
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloading patches

Post by SeoY on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 17:09

Hi there! Smile

Don't worry, this is the right place for your question. Wink

To patch the game to the latest version, you can use the Manual Patch that you can find here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch

The torrents are classified as CD/DVD versions I think, but it doesn't make a difference. The patch is the same for both cases.

If you are installing the games from here, remember to use this guide:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The patch is the Step 2 of the guide. 

Please, let us know how it goes. 
Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xhalesfire on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 18:32

thankyou so much !  Very Happy

xhalesfire
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:30

@xhalesfire wrote:thankyou so much !  Very Happy
Hi there,

You're welcome!
Is there anything else we can currently assist you with?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by xhalesfire on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 16:44

Actually yes, okay so lately my game has been crashing and I'm using this crash long analyzer and it's saying there's and update for late night , ambitions , and world adventures . My game is updated to the latest versions but I guess the expansion packs aren't? So I was wondering if I download the ultimate fix & re crack/patch them , is that going to update it? lol I hope I'm making sense , the error says "Warning: Updates Available: The Sims™ 3 World Adventures (2.0.86.002002 -> 2.17.2.011032),The Sims™ 3 Ambitions (4.0.87.006001 -> 4.10.1.011031),The Sims™ 3 Late Night (6.0.81.009001 -> 6.5.1.011031)" If that helps thanks guys for putting up with everyones problems lol I really really appreciate it <3

xhalesfire
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 17:41

@xhalesfire wrote:Actually yes, okay so lately my game has been crashing and I'm using this crash long analyzer and it's saying there's and update for late night , ambitions , and world adventures . My game is updated to the latest versions but I guess the expansion packs aren't? So I was wondering if I download the ultimate fix & re crack/patch them , is that going to update it? lol I hope I'm making sense , the error says "Warning: Updates Available: The Sims™️ 3 World Adventures (2.0.86.002002 -> 2.17.2.011032),The Sims™️ 3 Ambitions (4.0.87.006001 -> 4.10.1.011031),The Sims™️ 3 Late Night (6.0.81.009001 -> 6.5.1.011031)" If that helps thanks guys for putting up with everyones problems lol I really really appreciate it <3

Hi again! Smile

According to what I could find, since some time the Manual Patch updates the base game and the expansion packs, to the latest version of each. So, if you patch the game and then apply the Ultimate Fix you should be fine. Wink

If you are having crash problems, perhaps you should take a look at this topic:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please, try the instructions there and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

And you're very welcome. Smile

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 19:16

@xhalesfire wrote:Actually yes, okay so lately my game has been crashing and I'm using this crash long analyzer and it's saying there's and update for late night , ambitions , and world adventures . My game is updated to the latest versions but I guess the expansion packs aren't? So I was wondering if I download the ultimate fix & re crack/patch them , is that going to update it? lol I hope I'm making sense , the error says "Warning: Updates Available: The Sims™️ 3 World Adventures (2.0.86.002002 -> 2.17.2.011032),The Sims™️ 3 Ambitions (4.0.87.006001 -> 4.10.1.011031),The Sims™️ 3 Late Night (6.0.81.009001 -> 6.5.1.011031)" If that helps thanks guys for putting up with everyones problems lol I really really appreciate it <3

Hello xhalesfire,

The "manual superpatch" does not include those patches from World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night. I used to download them separately (they are all small files), and apply them in addition to the big manual patch.

Before the manual superpatch was released, you had these small update files for each expansion; and the ones you are talking about are still from this "old era".

Your best bet would be to simply google for these missing updates, mentioned in your crash log. Or if you can't find them, I'll see to them. Good luck for now ! Smile  

//EDIT

For some reason - I don't know why - EA just don't include these older expansion updates in their manual superpatches...

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum