Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by queenmarj on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 19:38

Sims 4 has many small features. Post things you discover about the Sims 4 everyday here!!

So far I have discovered


  • when you adopt a kid your older children will get a moodlet saying they didnt want another child
  • when a sim is tense or angry they will slam the door
  • you can hide in a trash can or under your bed when embarrassed
  • if you click auto counters off when placing counters you can get half counters
  • sims have the option to calll the sadness hotline when sad

_________________
You cant spell classy without ass

avatar
queenmarj
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Mass Effect, Rust
Female Posts : 44
Points : 1230
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 18
Location : Hemet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by ANDREWjkl on Mon 13 Oct 2014, 00:54

So far i found only this relevant:
-When your Sim are playful they can make some types of lunch with candy.
-If you have a bad modlet you can take a cold shower to cancel it.

When i find more i'll post here, been playing the game for some days. Very Happy
avatar
ANDREWjkl
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 71
Points : 2437
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-26
Age : 21
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by Water Nixi on Mon 13 Oct 2014, 06:16

-when your Sim is angry they can "take an angry poop"
-you can now take a pregnancy test to see if your Sim is expecting.

_________________
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
avatar
Water Nixi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, World of Warcraft, Mabinogi
Female Posts : 75
Points : 2315
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by queenmarj on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 07:12

Found some more awesome little things!!

-when a sim is really really tired and you make them have a bath they will pass out in the bathtub >.<
-sims with the foodie trait will take pictures of their food while eating 
-sad sims can water their garden with tears

//EDIT

@Water Nixi wrote:-when your Sim is angry they can "take an angry poop"
-you can now take a pregnancy test to see if your Sim is expecting.
excited to try out the angry poo!! never knew that was a thing  Laughing

_________________
You cant spell classy without ass

avatar
queenmarj
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Mass Effect, Rust
Female Posts : 44
Points : 1230
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 18
Location : Hemet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 20:20

@queenmarj wrote:Sims 4 has many small features. Post things you discover about the Sims 4 everyday here!!

So far I have discovered


  • when you adopt a kid your older children will get a moodlet saying they didnt want another child
  • when a sim is tense or angry they will slam the door
  • you can hide in a trash can or under your bed when embarrassed
  • if you click auto counters off when placing counters you can get half counters
  • sims have the option to calll the sadness hotline when sad


@queenmarj wrote:Found some more awesome little things!!

-when a sim is really really tired and you make them have a bath they will pass out in the bathtub >.<
-sims with the foodie trait will take pictures of their food while eating 
-sad sims can water their garden with tears

//EDIT

@Water Nixi wrote:-when your Sim is angry they can "take an angry poop"
-you can now take a pregnancy test to see if your Sim is expecting.
excited to try out the angry poo!! never knew that was a thing  Laughing


Hello queenmarj,


Thanks for sharing these ! Indeed, some of these things, like "watering the garden with tears" or "take an angry poop" really fit in to this cartoonish appearance of the game. Yes, these things look funny, but I can't say I'm too excited about these things. Laughing 
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14744
Points : 19550
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by queenmarj on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 03:30

Carlos wrote:
@queenmarj wrote:Sims 4 has many small features. Post things you discover about the Sims 4 everyday here!!

So far I have discovered


  • when you adopt a kid your older children will get a moodlet saying they didnt want another child
  • when a sim is tense or angry they will slam the door
  • you can hide in a trash can or under your bed when embarrassed
  • if you click auto counters off when placing counters you can get half counters
  • sims have the option to calll the sadness hotline when sad


@queenmarj wrote:Found some more awesome little things!!

-when a sim is really really tired and you make them have a bath they will pass out in the bathtub >.<
-sims with the foodie trait will take pictures of their food while eating 
-sad sims can water their garden with tears

//EDIT

@Water Nixi wrote:-when your Sim is angry they can "take an angry poop"
-you can now take a pregnancy test to see if your Sim is expecting.
excited to try out the angry poo!! never knew that was a thing  Laughing


Hello queenmarj,


Thanks for sharing these ! Indeed, some of these things, like "watering the garden with tears" or "take an angry poop" really fit in to this cartoonish appearance of the game. Yes, these things look funny, but I can't say I'm too excited about these things. Laughing 


Maybe its just me cause im a really weird person and gets overexcited about the smallest things, especially when i found out you pass out in the bath tum xD

_________________
You cant spell classy without ass

avatar
queenmarj
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Mass Effect, Rust
Female Posts : 44
Points : 1230
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 18
Location : Hemet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 Oct 2014, 19:23

@queenmarj wrote:

Maybe its just me cause im a really weird person and gets overexcited about the smallest things, especially when i found out you pass out in the bath tum xD


No, I actually find that those small things - all those details - actually give a good idea about what the game "is like". 

It's like a portrait picture: what would that portrait be like, if you only saw the shape of a head (lol) ? What would it be like without all those details that make up a picture ? Smile 


This is not weird at all, in my opinion.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14744
Points : 19550
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by stabitha666 on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 05:07

- when they are pregnant, its realistic. Boobs and rest of body gets bigger
 - Another thing...I HATE the Camera in this game. That is all.
avatar
stabitha666
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1, 2, & 3, Diablo 1, 2, & 3, Soul Caliber, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., America Mcgee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, Okamiden,Magic: The Gathering,...and other stuffs
Female Posts : 263
Points : 2353
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 32
Location : San Antonio, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by queenmarj on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 18:41

@stabitha666 wrote:- when they are pregnant, its realistic. Boobs and rest of body gets bigger
 - Another thing...I HATE the Camera in this game. That is all.
you can change the camera to the sims 3 camera in the game options

_________________
You cant spell classy without ass

avatar
queenmarj
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Mass Effect, Rust
Female Posts : 44
Points : 1230
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 18
Location : Hemet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 02:38

@stabitha666 wrote:- Another thing...I HATE the Camera in this game. That is all.

@queenmarj wrote:you can change the camera to the sims 3 camera in the game options


I actually like the "new" camera more than the one from Sims 3, although I still need to get used to it a bit. It's more flexible, in my opinion.


Two things I noticed about doors, in-game:

1) I can't seem to find an option to actually lock the doors of my house, like in Sims 3 ? I had a stranger entering my house when I clicked on him and tried to chat. Razz

2) When I tried entering the library through the library door, there was no option to "enter the building" or something like that ?  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I had to switch viewpoints, so that the walls were "cut away" in the view. After that, I clicked on the library floor, and I could enter the building.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14744
Points : 19550
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by Belzebu on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 20:26

When your Sims is sad, you can read the obituaries on web  Wat.
avatar
Belzebu
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Age Of Empires II HD, Theme Hospital
Female Posts : 32
Points : 1666
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-12
Age : 24
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:17

@Belzebu wrote:When your Sims is sad, you can read the obituaries on web  Wat.


LOL ! Razz  Doesn't that normally make you even sadder ?!  scratch
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14744
Points : 19550
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by Belzebu on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:36

Carlos wrote:
@Belzebu wrote:When your Sims is sad, you can read the obituaries on web  Wat.


LOL ! Razz  Doesn't that normally make you even sadder ?!  scratch

Well, this is EA logic lol
avatar
Belzebu
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Age Of Empires II HD, Theme Hospital
Female Posts : 32
Points : 1666
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-12
Age : 24
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by shalese08 on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 07:15

childhood skills dont actually apply to teen/adult till u reach level 10 Sad
sims randomly take selfies
while gardening sims whistle
sims talk in their sleep
wen bored you can complain to someone about being bored
avatar
shalese08
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims2, sims3, sim city, minecraft......the list goes on but im sure there is a character limit here....
Female Posts : 25
Points : 1557
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2013-09-21
Age : 28
Location : Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by fujoshihime on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 06:54

Sims can be on their computer and eat at the same time!
avatar
fujoshihime
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Posts : 1
Points : 1121
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-10-27
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 13:15

Nice topic!
What I really liked was the discovery I made when my female sim was going to feed her new baby. She has the choice between bottle feeding and breastfeeding the baby! 
Pregnancy is much more realistic overall. Except for morning sickness in the third trimester, that's not very common and often serious.
So far it's a nice change from TS3, but not enough to give up on it's predecessor.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15117
Points : 20141
Reputation : 1455
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by Adwomin on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 14:22

@stabitha666 wrote:- when they are pregnant, its realistic. Boobs and rest of body gets bigger
Carlos is going to love that feature!

By the way @OP: don't you want to sum everything up in the opening post? (By using the "Edit" function on your original post)
That makes things easier to find when the topics gets bigger and bigger. And it prevents duplicates.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026456
Reputation : 2257
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 07:21

Admin wrote:
@stabitha666 wrote:- when they are pregnant, its realistic. Boobs and rest of body gets bigger
Carlos is going to love that feature!


Yep, the new CAS is very nice indeed. Razz  Just wait until the "Exchange"-sections of The Sims 4 are opened here ! Very Happy  
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14744
Points : 19550
Reputation : 2078
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Everyday Discoveries

Post by PKRockin on Wed 03 Dec 2014, 23:22

When playful, your sim can scour the internet for memes  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

_________________
The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1
avatar
PKRockin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2, 3, & 4, Pokemon, Earthbound
Male Posts : 4
Points : 1087
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-03
Location : Onett, a small town in Eagleland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum