The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by chocoautumn on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 22:45

Hello,

I know that there were lot of topics like that, but no one helped me. I have this problem. Because of that my sims turns off in 10-15 minutes..


I tried lot of things. Re-install ultimate fix, looked in regidit, I have no installed mod, I tried deleting The Sims 3 folder in My documents/Ea games ( or something like that, idk)
But nothing helped... WhatDidUJustCallMe? I remember that I had this problem about 2-3 years ago and somehow I fixed it ( I don't know if I remember clearly, but I think I was changing something in script code, like notepad format file)....

chocoautumn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 1157
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 22:53

@chocoautumn wrote:Hello,

I know that there were lot of topics like that, but no one helped me. I have this problem. Because of that my sims turns off in 10-15 minutes..


I tried lot of things. Re-install ultimate fix, looked in regidit, I have no installed mod, I tried deleting The Sims 3 folder in My documents/Ea games ( or something like that, idk)
But nothing helped... WhatDidUJustCallMe? I remember that I had this problem about 2-3 years ago and somehow I fixed it ( I don't know if I remember clearly, but I think I was changing something in script code, like notepad format file)....


//MOVED


Hello chocoautumn and welcome,


What happens if you click on "no", even multiple times ? Usually, this message will disappear at some point then. For more elaborate explanations on this message and other launcher issues, see this topic here too:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice



Remember that you can also start the game "directly", without the launcher, by means of the TS3W.exe, usually located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Or if you got the base game from Origin, C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin


Just double-click on that TS3W.exe file. And/or make a shortcut to the desktop from it. Smile  Good luck, and please post back if you have more questions !

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by chocoautumn on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 15:46

It doesn't matter if I press yes or no, it disappears, yes, but after 10-15 minutes of playing the sims it stops working and turns off.
I tried do that, too, skipping the launcher and playing directly, but the same thing happens...

chocoautumn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 1157
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by SeoY on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 20:22

@chocoautumn wrote:It doesn't matter if I press yes or no, it disappears, yes, but after 10-15 minutes of playing the sims it stops working and turns off.
I tried do that, too, skipping the launcher and playing directly, but the same thing happens...

Hi there! Smile

I don't think that the script error is related to the crashing of your game. Does the game crash with any error message? Have you tried the suggestions from this post?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please, let us know how it goes! Very Happy

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3760
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 20:53

@chocoautumn wrote:It doesn't matter if I press yes or no, it disappears, yes, but after 10-15 minutes of playing the sims it stops working and turns off.
I tried do that, too, skipping the launcher and playing directly, but the same thing happens...


The error about the script has absolutely nothing to do with your game crashes. To elaborate more on what SeoY suggested, please read up on my post here:


http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working#118442

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by chocoautumn on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 21:56

@SeoY wrote:Hi there! Smile

I don't think that the script error is related to the crashing of your game. Does the game crash with any error message? Have you tried the suggestions from this post?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please, let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Hi!
Yes, I tried it, didn't work... But last time when I had the same error (it was about 1 year ago), I fixed that script error ( Idk how, can't remember Very Happy ) and it worked absolutely fine!... Sad

chocoautumn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 1157
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by SeoY on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 22:14

@chocoautumn wrote:
Hi!
Yes, I tried it, didn't work... But last time when I had the same error (it was about 1 year ago), I fixed that script error ( Idk how, can't remember Very Happy ) and it worked absolutely fine!... Sad

I see. Did something change between the game working fine and now? A new update, EP...

And does the game crash with some message? Or does it just closes to desktop?

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3760
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by Shamrock on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 07:49

The script error you mention is about the web content that appears within the Launcher.
Like everyone said, it is unrelated to your game crashing.



To fix the script error, try upgrading Internet Explorer. If it does not solve it, then EA will fix it in its next site upgrade...


For your game crash, please try this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5993
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by chocoautumn on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 21:03

@Shamrock wrote:The script error you mention is about the web content that appears within the Launcher.
Like everyone said, it is unrelated to your game crashing.



To fix the script error, try upgrading Internet Explorer. If it does not solve it, then EA will fix it in its next site upgrade...


For your game crash, please try this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

I tried all these stuff you all have shared, but it doesn't work..

//EDIT

@SeoY wrote:
@chocoautumn wrote:
Hi!
Yes, I tried it, didn't work... But last time when I had the same error (it was about 1 year ago), I fixed that script error ( Idk how, can't remember  ) and it worked absolutely fine!... [/size]

I see. Did something change between the game working fine and now? A new update, EP...

And does the game crash with some message? Or does it just closes to desktop?

I just deleted and and now I redownloaded them again. I deleted these ".package" files, for one time it worked for about 2h without any crashes, and now it crashes again. ( I always detele .package files before turning on my game, and I turn it directly TSW file "run as administrator".
When it crashes, it closes to desktop with a note " The Sims 3 has stopped working"

chocoautumn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 1157
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by SeoY on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 21:33

@chocoautumn wrote:
@SeoY wrote:
@chocoautumn wrote:
Hi!
Yes, I tried it, didn't work... But last time when I had the same error (it was about 1 year ago), I fixed that script error ( Idk how, can't remember  ) and it worked absolutely fine!... [/size]

I see. Did something change between the game working fine and now? A new update, EP...

And does the game crash with some message? Or does it just closes to desktop?

I just deleted and and now I redownloaded them again. I deleted these ".package" files, for one time it worked for about 2h without any crashes, and now it crashes again. ( I always detele .package files before turning on my game, and I turn it directly TSW file "run as administrator".
When it crashes, it closes to desktop with a note " The Sims 3 has stopped working"

Sorry, what package files are you talking about? 

And have you tried renaming or moving the The Sims 3 folder in Documents to elsewhere, so that the game generates a new one, and then tried again? This would allow us to know if the crash happens in every save or just a single one. Smile

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3760
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher script errror

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum