Sim's 3 Downloads as a Precaution [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim's 3 Downloads as a Precaution [SOLVED]

Post by gferg85 on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 18:13

Hi there, I'm new to this website. I love how you all are doing this so nobody has to go to the store to buy $200+ worth of Sim's 3, expansion packs, and "stuff" games by the way. Sorry in advance for this long post. But I have read over how to download the Sim's 3 correctly but I just want to make sure I am doing everything right so far or if there's anything I need to do or not do so there won't be any issues when I try to launch/play the game. This is also something I'm not sure if I understood from the instruction guide you all have posted on this website.

I have the Sim's 3 and University Life off of Origin. I have installed Seasons, Island Paradise, Showtime and Generations so far (but haven't applied any crack codes or tried playing it because I'm not done downloading expansions but will apply when needed as said in the instruction guide). I downloaded Late Night but I then saw the instructions in the installation guide about how I needed to uninstall the Sim's 3 + all expansions, restart PC then install Sim's 3 again, install WA and HELS, Ambitions and Fast Lane stuff (which I have downloaded). I know the guide could be outdated from posts in forums I've looked over, but do I need to uninstall everything then install again even if I have the Sim's 3 and University Life from Origin? Would I have to download Late Night first? Also would I need to apply the crack code for Late Night since it's not on the list of expansions in the guide?

I'm really sorry if this has been explained in the instructions, I just don't understand very well.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

gferg85
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim's 3 Downloads as a Precaution [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 18:28

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Don't worry about the long posts. It actually helps us to understand your situation a lot better. Wink

Regarding the guide that comes Late Night, you should ignore it completely. In fact, ignore all of the guides that come with the expansion packs, and the #Crack folders inside too. The only guide you need is this one here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

So, no, you don't need to uninstall anything to install Late Night. With all of the EPs you download, you only need to double click the Autorun inside and then get the product code from the Installation Guide. After it's done installing, continue with the next one or the Step 2 of the guide above. There's no need to follow any order installing or downloading the EPs, it doesn't matter which one you install first.

The list of expansions in the guide is the ones you need at least one of for the game to work. It doesn't matter which, but you need one. All of the #Crack folders from all of the EPs (even if not on the list) must be ignored. The only crack you need is the one from the Ultimate Fix (Steps 3-4 of the guide).

Keep in mind that the Ultimate Fix should be applied to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin as your base game is from Origin. 

And don't worry about asking! We are here to help you understand. Smile

I hope I was clear enough. If you have any other questions, don't doubt to ask them. Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gferg85 on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 19:16

Okay, I understand a lot more now. Thank you! Smile But though you said not to follow the instructions in the installation guides, I have already installed them but instead of double clicking the Autorun, I double clicked the Sims3EP06Setup (for example) and it still installed. Would that make a difference?

gferg85
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 19:19

@gferg85 wrote:Okay, I understand a lot more now. Thank you! Smile But though you said not to follow the instructions in the installation guides, I have already installed them but instead of double clicking the Autorun, I double clicked the Sims3EP06Setup (for example) and it still installed. Would that make a difference?

That's good to hear! Very Happy
No, there's absolutely no difference. The Autorun runs a command to open the Sims3EP##Setup, so it's exactly the same thing. 

Be sure to let us know how it goes, or if you encounter any issues. Good luck! Wink

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gferg85 on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 21:54

Thank you! I am currently downloading the manual patch (step 2) though my game is updated. I noticed though the files I double clicked Autorun for showed a launch option at the end of the installations along with the readme option while the ones I double clicked Sims3EP##Setup only showed me the readme option. Is that normal?

gferg85
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 21:59

@gferg85 wrote:Thank you! I am currently downloading the manual patch (step 2) though my game is updated. I noticed though the files I double clicked Autorun for showed a launch option at the end of the installations along with the readme option while the ones I double clicked Sims3EP##Setup only showed me the readme option. Is that normal?

Yes, I noticed that some of them have that option and some don't. I don't think that it means anything, don't worry about it. Wink

It's recommended that you apply the Manual Patch anyway even if your game is updated. So, please do it. Very Happy

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gferg85 on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 00:28

I downloaded it Smile However I am experiencing an issue so I did something wrong. I am at the Game Launcher and it says to insert the Island Paradise disc. How do I fix this?

gferg85
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 00:33

@gferg85 wrote:I downloaded it Smile However I am experiencing an issue so I did something wrong. I am at the Game Launcher and it says to insert the Island Paradise disc. How do I fix this?

Did you already apply the Ultimate Fix? It's the Steps 3-4 from the guide.

Remember that you only need to use the #Crack folder inside of the Ultimate Fix, the rest can be ignored. What you need to do is copy the .dll and the .exe inside to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and make sure to select Replace when it prompts you to do so.

That should get rid of the disc error. Wink

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gferg85 on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 00:47

I did use the ultimate fix turns out I wasn't smart and did everything BUT the crack # but it works now I'm playing it and such to test it all out Smile thank you so much for helping me through this!

gferg85
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 00:54

@gferg85 wrote:I did use the ultimate fix turns out I wasn't smart and did everything BUT the crack # but it works now I'm playing it and such to test it all out Smile thank you so much for helping me through this!

That's good to hear! Very Happy

So, is there anything else we can help you with? Or can we close the topic now? Wink

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gferg85 on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 03:03

Nope that will be it, you can close it Smile thank you so much!

EDIT: Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun! Very Happy
-SeoY

gferg85
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum