Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by Wattz on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:02

Hi. I can't seem to be able to open/play the TS3 with the launcher. it worked perfectly before with either Generations or Town Life installed, but not with both. now i have to use TSW3 from the game bin to access the game. can u help me fix the problem? thanks.

Wattz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 2197
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by MahmoudEm on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:05

Thats the only and best way to play the game since its cracked. So create a shortcut of the Exe. file onto your Desktop, then Presto! You should be alright mate.

MahmoudEm
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Gran Turismo 5 , Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, The Sims 3, Mafia 2, Red Dead Redemtion, Etc.
Male Posts : 8
Points : 2207
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by Adwomin on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 19:37

Hello,

The launcher should work just fine. Please apply this Fix if you didn't already: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026347
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by Wattz on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 06:25

@MahmoudEm wrote:Thats the only and best way to play the game since its cracked. So create a shortcut of the Exe. file onto your Desktop, then Presto! You should be alright mate.

yeah, i made a shortcut on my desktop. i'm not really complaining since it's free. just thought it would be nicer to use the launcher.

Admin wrote:Hello,

The launcher should work just fine. Please apply this Fix if you didn't already: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

hm. i applied the ultimate fix right from the beginning and this was the outcome - launcher fail to open game.

i'll just tell you the steps i did from the beginning and see whether you can see if i had done any of the steps wrongly.

i installed the base game 1.0.631, used a manual 1.24.3 patch so i could install Generations, copied the base game files from the Ultimate fix to the games bin, copied the Generations files from the Ultimate fix to the games bin, check the launcher for any updates, closed the launcher, and copied the # crack files from the Ultimate fix to the games bin.

with just Generations installed the launcher works. later i install Town stuff, copied the Town stuff file from Ultimate fix to the games bin, open launcher to check for updates, close launcher, and copied # crack files from Ultimate fix.

(i use winRAR to extract the Ultimate Fix folders to the desktop before applying them.)

Wattz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 2197
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 09:43

Hello,
I'm just wondering why it would be nicer to use the launcher? To me that's just extra work and more waiting bounce The Sims Plumbob 1

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20010
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by Wattz on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:42

i don't know... it seems a little more impressive when the launcher
opens up? and to know it can work exactly like the retail? haha. no,
actually i just wanted to address the problem coz before i knew i could
use the TS3W exe to play i thought i had done something terrible wrong
somewhere and uninstalled everything and reinstall.
*cough*newbhere*cough*

i'm fine with using the TS3W exe to play. i mean the most important thing is that the game can play.

my concern is that maybe there are people who have the same problem as
me who really want to use the launcher instead of the TS3W exe or who
doesn't even know they can alternatively use the TS3W exe
*cough*likeme*cough* to play. oh, and also i want to know if it's my fault so i can learn from it. Smile

Edit:

i feel ever so slightly stupid for not realizing that there is a Fixes (PC) section in the forum. if i had just gone there i would have known about the TS3W exe. for some reason i keep clicking into this section only. i fail...

Wattz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 2197
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't play The Sims 3 using launcher

Post by Adwomin on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:28

@Wattz wrote:i don't know... it seems a little more impressive when the launcher
opens up? and to know it can work exactly like the retail? haha. no,
actually i just wanted to address the problem coz before i knew i could
use the TS3W exe to play i thought i had done something terrible wrong
somewhere and uninstalled everything and reinstall.
*cough*newbhere*cough*

i'm fine with using the TS3W exe to play. i mean the most important thing is that the game can play.

my concern is that maybe there are people who have the same problem as
me who really want to use the launcher instead of the TS3W exe or who
doesn't even know they can alternatively use the TS3W exe
*cough*likeme*cough* to play. oh, and also i want to know if it's my fault so i can learn from it. Smile

Edit:

i feel ever so slightly stupid for not realizing that there is a Fixes (PC) section in the forum. if i had just gone there i would have known about the TS3W exe. for some reason i keep clicking into this section only. i fail...
Hi there,

Haha, yes, I just wanted to tell you about that topic in the Fixes -section.
Anyhow, if you really want the launcher to work, I can try to do a clean installation for you via TeamViewer, so you don't need to do anything.
If you like the game just as it is now, it's fine too.
Do you get an error when opening the launcher?

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026347
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum