The item "TS4.exe" pop up [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The item "TS4.exe" pop up [SOLVED]

Post by Bklynch85 on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 02:03

After following the installation instructions throughly, I am getting this error when trying to launch the game:

Problem With Shortcut
The item "TS4.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.  Do you want to delete this shortcut?

Any help would be wonderful.  Thanks guys!

//EDIT

Never mind...Fixed it myself by redownloading the "fix" folders and moving them over rather than copy and pasting.  

Bklynch85
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Wii- mario bros. donkey kong Xbox 360- dead island call of duty family game night pc- the sims 3 Simcity plants vs zombies
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The item "TS4.exe" pop up [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 02:11

Hi there! Very Happy

It's good to hear that you were able to solve the problem by yourself. So, is your game up and running now? Or is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bklynch85 on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 06:24

Actually, I should have added that I had to go into my "admin" settings for the "game" folder in EA/Sims4/Game/Bin and edit to where I had full access to change/modify the files.  But, yes, it fixed it completely and I have been playing it non-stop.  It's no as boring as others have said and it runs so smooth compared to 2 & 3.  Hopefully they will add "seasons" and other add-ons to make it more of a complete game.  Smile

Bklynch85
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Wii- mario bros. donkey kong Xbox 360- dead island call of duty family game night pc- the sims 3 Simcity plants vs zombies
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 06:30

@Bklynch85 wrote:Actually, I should have added that I had to go into my "admin" settings for the "game" folder in EA/Sims4/Game/Bin and edit to where I had full access to change/modify the files.  But, yes, it fixed it completely and I have been playing it non-stop.  It's no as boring as others have said and it runs so smooth compared to 2 & 3.  Hopefully they will add "seasons" and other add-ons to make it more of a complete game.  Smile

Ah, so the problem was with the permissions. Thank you for sharing this! This could help us in the future. Smile

And yes, more likely than not there will be an expansion pack for seasons and weather in the future, but let's see how long does it take for it. Wink

In the moment, enjoy your game! Problem solved, topic closed.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum