Sims 4 wont up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 wont up

Post by michellemcbxx on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 21:42

I am having trouble opening Sims 4 as a message pops up saying 
"The dynamic libary "rld.dll" failed to initialize (EO)."
My antivirus had removed Sims 4 when I installed it so I had to repair Sims 4 in the setup and alter my antivirus so It wouldn't pick it up as a virus.
Any suggesstions?

michellemcbxx
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 wont up

Post by SeoY on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 22:19

Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Please, download the Ultimate Fix from this link here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

If you follow all of the instructions from the guide inside, the error should disappear. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieEG on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 23:41

Oh thank you Sir! <3 I have exactly the same error. Smile I'm gonna try the Ultimate Fix

MaggieEG
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kondrad on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 02:10

its the vcredist_x64/x86 when it came with download in the cabs its the preview so there is a mismatch with the files, uninstall the vcredist_x64/x86 preview and install the ones from microsoft
Kondrad
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 03:04

@MaggieEG wrote:Oh thank you Sir! <3 I have exactly the same error. Smile I'm gonna try the Ultimate Fix

@Kondrad wrote:its the vcredist_x64/x86 when it came with download in the cabs its the preview so there is a mismatch with the files, uninstall the vcredist_x64/x86 preview and install the ones from microsoft

Hello all,

To elaborate more, please see this post here, which has a link to Microsoft for the latest/compatible Visual C++ 2013, here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18092-dll-error-strikes-again-solved#125796

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by michellemcbxx on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 11:25

@SeoY wrote:Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Please, download the Ultimate Fix from this link here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

If you follow all of the instructions from the guide inside, the error should disappear. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy
I followed all the instructions but The Sims 4 still wont open and it wont let me uninstall it to try and download it again.

michellemcbxx
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 13:04

@michellemcbxx wrote:I followed all the instructions but The Sims 4 still wont open and it wont let me uninstall it to try and download it again.

Hi again! Smile

If you are still getting the "rld.dll" error, it should be able to be fixed without the need of a reinstall (which I doubt would help at all). 

If you already made sure that both vcredit_x86 and vcredit_x64 are installed, if possible, then what's most likely happening is that your antivirus is deleting an important file from the game installation folder. This is why it's so crucial to add the folders to the exceptions list. The thing is: the file is already deleted. Here is where the Ultimate Fix comes, as copying the folders inside to the location of the game installation will restore any files previously deleted. BUT if your antivirus also deleted the file inside the Ultimate Fix before you copy it, this process will be useless. 

So: temporarily disable your antivirus, re-download the Ultimate Fix and then copy the folders again to the location specified. See if your game works, and only after that enable your antivirus again. If the folders were added to the exceptions list, there shouldn't be any more problems after this. But if you get it again, they weren't properly added to the exceptions and the file was deleted again. You would need to repeat this after adding the folders to the exceptions correctly. Wink

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy

Last edited by SeoY on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 15:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by michellemcbxx on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 14:59

@SeoY wrote:
@michellemcbxx wrote:I followed all the instructions but The Sims 4 still wont open and it wont let me uninstall it to try and download it again.

Hi again! Smile

If you are still getting the "rld.dl" error, it should be able to be fixed without the need of a reinstall (which I doubt would help at all). 

If you already made sure that both vcredit_x86 and vcredit_x64 are installed, if possible, then what's most likely happening is that your antivirus is deleting an important file from the game installation folder. This is why it's so crucial to add the folders to the exceptions list. The thing is: the file is already deleted. Here is where the Ultimate Fix comes, as copying the folders inside to the location of the game installation will restore any files previously deleted. BUT if your antivirus also deleted the file inside the Ultimate Fix before you copy it, this process will be useless. 

So: temporarily disable your antivirus, re-download the Ultimate Fix and then copy the folders again to the location specified. See if your game works, and only after that enable your antivirus again. If the folders were added to the exceptions list, there shouldn't be any more problems after this. But if you get it again, they weren't properly added to the exceptions and the file was deleted again. You would need to repeat this after adding the folders to the exceptions correctly. Wink

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy
Thank you for all your help, I followed all your instructions but unfortunately It still wont let me access Sims 4 and the same message is popping up. Sorry for being a pest Sad

michellemcbxx
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 03:47

@michellemcbxx wrote:Thank you for all your help, I followed all your instructions but unfortunately It still wont let me access Sims 4 and the same message is popping up. Sorry for being a pest Sad

Don't worry, you are not a pest!

Could you tell us exactly what steps you followed? Just so we know better what's going on. Smile

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum