The program can't start because [???] is missing from your computer... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The program can't start because [???] is missing from your computer... [SOLVED]

Post by NightlightFlame on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 20:18

I have added both the download location and the location the program is being installed to (I am using the default) my antivirus exceptions. I have installed and uninstalled several times, and used the Ultimate Fix as well. This most recent time I copied the files directly from the folder in the Fix to their matching folder rather than copying the entire folders, because it wasn't always copying everything the first time I copied the whole thing. I have downloaded the Fix with my antivirus turned off. Every time I have tried to run the game, I have come up with this:

I don't know if it's relevant, but I have Windows 8.1 and Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Thank you for your help!

NightlightFlame
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The program can't start because [???] is missing from your computer... [SOLVED]

Post by Shamrock on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 23:36

Hello,
Please extract using WINRAR.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The program can't start because [???] is missing from your computer... [SOLVED]

Post by NightlightFlame on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 01:51

I did.

NightlightFlame
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 07:37

Have you tried to launch the game with your antivirus turned off?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NightlightFlame on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 14:17

I did, and I got the same problem. I have downloaded the Fix, extracted both rar files, iinstalled the game, and transferred the Fix files with my antivirus turned off as well.

NightlightFlame
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wyeel on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 14:56

Ooh! Curious... I'm having the same problem too: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18155-ts4exe-system-error-on-startup

And I'm also using WIn8 with Symantic Endpoint too.. But like you I've added the exceptions and turned it off. So not sure if that's the cause.

wyeel
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 16:36

@NightlightFlame wrote:I did, and I got the same problem. I have downloaded the Fix, extracted both rar files, iinstalled the game, and transferred the Fix files with my antivirus turned off as well.

Hi there!

If you don't mind, I'd like to take a look on your side. Please read about TeamViewer here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

If you agree, please join the Chatbox at the Forum's main page when you see me online or send me a PM.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 22:41

@NightlightFlame wrote:I did, and I got the same problem. I have downloaded the Fix, extracted both rar files, iinstalled the game, and transferred the Fix files with my antivirus turned off as well.

Hello NightlightFlame,

Can you try the solution I posted here ?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18092-dll-error-strikes-again-solved

With the vcredist-stuff ? Try that, and keep us posted - good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NightlightFlame on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:35

The solution for this was actually to switch antivirus from Symantec Endpoint Protection to Avast. SeoY discovered that Symantec was still running even after it was in theory disabled, and there was no way to turn it off completely. I'm not having any trouble with Avast.

NightlightFlame
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:56

@NightlightFlame wrote:The solution for this was actually to switch antivirus from Symantec Endpoint Protection to Avast. SeoY discovered that Symantec was still running even after it was in theory disabled, and there was no way to turn it off completely. I'm not having any trouble with Avast.

Thanks for informing us about this! We'll let the other users that are getting this error know, and if they report the same thing, we'll maybe add an announcement about it. Very Happy

So, is your game running fine now? Or is there anything else we can help you with? Smile

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NightlightFlame on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 14:09

It's running fine now. Thank you!

NightlightFlame
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 14:16

@NightlightFlame wrote:It's running fine now. Thank you!

You're very welcome! And thank you for helping us detect the issue with The Sims 4 and Symantec Endpoint Protection. Very Happy
We may look into that in the future to see the reason. 

As your problem is solved, I'll close the topic now. Should you need anything else, be sure to come back. Have fun!

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum