The Sims 2: Complete collection. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2: Complete collection. [SOLVED]

Post by Wonderland on Sun 30 May 2010, 17:03

Okay so, I got the torrent, downloaded it, waited two weeks, and now it is complete. I already own the Sims 2 but not all of the expansion packs, so I started with University. I followed the instructions and downloaded the game, but when I tried to actually play it, it showed the little title and then said 'Please ensure the Sims disc is in the drive' or something to that effect. Am I just not mounting it correctly? Someone please help.

Wonderland
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 2: Complete collection. [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sun 30 May 2010, 17:35

To be sure how to Mount, send an empty e-mail to: Games4theworld@hotmail.com and start the subject with "Requesting Mounting Guide".

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderland on Sun 30 May 2010, 17:59

Yep, mounted it correctly and everything. Still says "Please ensure The Sims 2 University disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application."

I'm using PowerISO, should I something different?

Wonderland
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscatty on Fri 11 Jun 2010, 17:41

I'm having this exact same problem. I don't know how to fix it, I've tried pretty much everything.

mrscatty
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloscp on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 18:25

Hi, I´ve downloaded the completed collection, i installed the sims 2, then the university, but when the game is verifying the installation ( after asking for the sims 2 4th CD ) it says the instalation can not be completed and it uninstalls the expansion, what am i doing wrong?

pauloscp
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 21:03

Did you guys read THIS?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloscp on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 21:13

I didn't installed pets yet, cuz I haven't installed the university expansion, could you help me?

pauloscp
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 21:15

Your problem is different and a little bit strange. Did you extract all the files in the .rar file to a folder on your desktop?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloscp on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 21:41

I´ve extracted all to the desktop, but not on a single folder, i will try now again.

pauloscp
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloscp on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 23:39

Is there a correct order? like i first installed the normal Sims 2, but I got to the sims 2 university and appears something saying error during the application. I reallly don't know what to do.

pauloscp
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:52

Yes, there's a special order, which is described in the Installation Guide.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloscp on Thu 24 Jun 2010, 18:25

oh ok, but i think I lost it, how can i get it?

pauloscp
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 24 Jun 2010, 19:55

1. The Sims 2
2. University Expansion Pack
3. Nightlife Expansion Pack
4. Holiday Party Pack Expansion Expansion Pack
5. Open for Business Expansion Pack
6. Family Fun Stuff Expansion Pack
7. Glamour Life Stuff Expansion Pack
8. Pets Expansion Pack
9. Happy Holidat Stuff Expansion Pack
10. Seasons Expansion Pack
11. Celebration Stuff Expansion Pack
12. H&M Fashion Stuff Expansion Pack
13. Bon Voyage Expansion Pack
14.Teen Style Stuff Expansion Pack
15. Freetime Expansion Pack
16. Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff Expansion Pack
17. IKEA Home Stuff Expansion Pack

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyHead on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 09:11

Before anyone says anything, I've successfully downloaded torrents before and used them without problem. This one confounds me, however.
I'm having a similar problem as these guys, but much sooner. As soon as I install all four of the basic game CD's using MagicISO, which I can do easily and with no problems, trying to play the game, or even trying to install the expansions results in the "Cannot Locate Correct CD-Rom" notice. I've tried every single one of the .mds files, expansion or regular game, and NOTHING works. I even tried mounting all four regular game discs at once but it did nothing except speed up the installation process. PLEASE HELP.
And YES I'm trying to install the expansions in order
and YES I've got your Pets No-CD crack but I'm not even getting to that so I can't use it!
Plus, why is there no crack in the collection for #1-4, #6, #9, #12-13, and #16? The other expansions have them, but not the basic game nor the listed expansions. Is that the problem? Should there have been and I downloaded a messed up version?

MonkeyHead
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 10:30

@MonkeyHead wrote:Before anyone says anything, I've successfully downloaded torrents before and used them without problem. This one confounds me, however.
I'm having a similar problem as these guys, but much sooner. As soon as I install all four of the basic game CD's using MagicISO, which I can do easily and with no problems, trying to play the game, or even trying to install the expansions results in the "Cannot Locate Correct CD-Rom" notice. I've tried every single one of the .mds files, expansion or regular game, and NOTHING works. I even tried mounting all four regular game discs at once but it did nothing except speed up the installation process. PLEASE HELP.
And YES I'm trying to install the expansions in order
and YES I've got your Pets No-CD crack but I'm not even getting to that so I can't use it!
Plus, why is there no crack in the collection for #1-4, #6, #9, #12-13, and #16? The other expansions have them, but not the basic game nor the listed expansions. Is that the problem? Should there have been and I downloaded a messed up version?

Hello,

Have you been reading the Installation Guide's at all? It tells you where the NoCD Cracks are located and whére you should apply them.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyHead on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 06:34

Admin wrote:
Hello,

Have you been reading the Installation Guide's at all? It tells you where the NoCD Cracks are located and whére you should apply them.
YES! Why do you think we are all inept? I've been following it to the letter.
In fact, I tried it again last night and lo and behold, it worked! I finally managed to install the University expansion. But, as soon as I did so, a huge pang of doubt crossed my mind. No way was I going to try and play it in case I triggered a catastrophic failure that would make all my efforts go to waste again. So instead, I continued installing the expansions until I succeeded in installing the first one that had a crack, Open for Business. As I completed the guide's instructions, replacing the Open for Business's folder file in the TSBin folder with the crack, I tried again. THIS TIME it began, going to all black as if it were starting... the tricky bastard. I was so close to believing that it was finally going to work, but then suddenly, nothing happened. After a minute of sitting there, staring at the screen, listening to my heartbeat as it quickened, a little flashing bar appeared in the top left corner of my screen. MY COMPUTER HAD FROZEN. I had to HARD shut down my computer. I rebooted and tried again with the same effect.
Now, IN ADDITION to anything else that you might provide that is helpful, should I try replacing the other TSBin files with the crack? Or will that worsen it?

MonkeyHead
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 11:45

@MonkeyHead wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hello,

YES! Why do you think we are all inept? I've been following it to the letter.
In fact, I tried it again last night and lo and behold, it worked! I finally managed to install the University expansion. But, as soon as I did so, a huge pang of doubt crossed my mind. No way was I going to try and play it in case I triggered a catastrophic failure that would make all my efforts go to waste again. So instead, I continued installing the expansions until I succeeded in installing the first one that had a crack, Open for Business. As I completed the guide's instructions, replacing the Open for Business's folder file in the TSBin folder with the crack, I tried again. THIS TIME it began, going to all black as if it were starting... the tricky bastard. I was so close to believing that it was finally going to work, but then suddenly, nothing happened. After a minute of sitting there, staring at the screen, listening to my heartbeat as it quickened, a little flashing bar appeared in the top left corner of my screen. MY COMPUTER HAD FROZEN. I had to HARD shut down my computer. I rebooted and tried again with the same effect.
Now, IN ADDITION to anything else that you might provide that is helpful, should I try replacing the other TSBin files with the crack? Or will that worsen it?

Hi,

First of all, I like it how you write it as a story. Wink

Second, I recommend you check if your PC can run the Game at all: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx
This has nothing to do with the Cracks any more, this problem is caused by your PC.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyHead on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 19:28

Admin wrote:
Hi,

First of all, I like it how you write it as a story. Wink

Second, I recommend you check if your PC can run the Game at all: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx
This has nothing to do with the Cracks any more, this problem is caused by your PC.
I checked before I attempted to download it
as far as I know, all my stuff is recommended if not over-qualified. The site you gave me certifies the same. I used to run the original Sims on it, so I know that the only thing that should matter is probably the video card and the runner, both of which I've replaced with better versions since buying my computer several years ago. My only worry about that would be that my video card would be incompatible with the game, but that is obviously not the case and I highly doubt it would make my computer crash.
So you're telling me there's no problem with most of the expansions not having cracks?
Furthermore, you did not answer my question about having to put the crack in all the TSBin folders or not

MonkeyHead
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 21:48

Hi,

@MonkeyHead wrote:
Furthermore, you did not answer my question about having to put the crack in all the TSBin folders or not

I answered: "This has nothing to do with the Cracks any more, this problem is caused by your PC.", since you asked if this caused your problem.
I recommend you update your Graphic Card drivers and see if it'll fix the crash.
Some of the games don't need to have a Crack, for that refer to the Installation Guide, as everything is described in there.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyHead on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 22:58

Admin wrote:
I answered: "This has nothing to do with the Cracks any more, this problem is caused by your PC.", since you asked if this caused your problem.
I recommend you update your Graphic Card drivers and see if it'll fix the crash.
Some of the games don't need to have a Crack, for that refer to the Installation Guide, as everything is described in there.
Well, the site you gave me said everything was capiche, plus I looked several times and it doesn't say whether they do need cracks or not. It just install the cracks. So what I'm going to do is uninstall, take out MagicDisc, and install Daemon Tools Lite and try it on there
I will report back with the results
EDIT: HOORAY AND HALLELUJAH! IT WORKS! Daemon Tools did the trick. It's installing great. And it finally works! I haven't tried creating Sims yet or whatnot, but the lots work fine and the files seem to be in place. THANK THE GREAT SPAGHETTI MONSTER!

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Wink

- ADMIN

MonkeyHead
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum