Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help

Post by Xenia on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 14:56

Hi, all.

I would so appreciate it if someone will tell me step by step how to download The Sims 3 Pets & Showtime. Whenever I try to download sims games illegally it always makes me download a bunch of spam programs and I never get the game. I am not slow when it comes to techy details but if you could simplify it a bit I would appreciate it. I already have legal Sims 3 and a few of the other packs that I bought (p.s. please let me know if this will mess those up). Other than that can you please explain to me how to do so? Thank you very much!

Xenia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help

Post by SeoY on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 15:06

Hi Xenia, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

First, you'll need to download both of those expansion packs. You can get them from our downloads website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

I can assure you that those are completely clean of unwanted programs, just like every G4TW download. 

After that's done, check out the guide on how to properly install them here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind that you should ignore the guides inside the EPs torrents, as they are outdated and won't work. After extracting the RAR file from the torrent using WinRAR, the only thing you need to do is double click the Autorun inside each expansion pack installation folder and get the product code from the Installation Guide. Then, continue with the next EP or the Step 2 from the guide above. 

I hope I was clear enough. If you have any more questions, be sure to post them here. Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenia on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 15:18

Thank you so much for responding! Okay I will follow your directions. For some reason it said that Pets cannot be found on the link you gave me (I downloaded the fixed one).

Xenia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 15:24

@Xenia wrote:Thank you so much for responding! Okay I will follow your directions. For some reason it said that Pets cannot be found on the link you gave me (I downloaded the fixed one).

Yes, you should download the fixed one. Have you tried clicking on the Magnet next to the name? Sometimes the torrent link gets broken, but I think that the Magnet link should work. Wink

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenia on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 15:41

Okay, just did that and the patch just finished but chrome says it is malicious.. should I still proceed? That's probably just chrome being protective right? If so, I had winRAR but I deleted it last week. Do you know where I can download it again without the usual spam that comes along with it lol

-- Just re-downloaded it, disregard that last comment Smile

//EDIT

Now, I did steps one through 3 
2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix:http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

but how do I do step four? I installed and downloaded The Sims 3 Fix but I don't have a folder or anything for it besides the download so this is where I get stumped.

Xenia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 16:00

@Xenia wrote:Okay, just did that and the patch just finished but chrome says it is malicious.. should I still proceed? That's probably just chrome being protective right? If so, I had winRAR but I deleted it last week. Do you know where I can download it again without the usual spam that comes along with it lol

-- Just re-downloaded it, disregard that last comment Smile

//EDIT

Now, I did steps one through 3 
2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix:http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

but how do I do step four? I installed and downloaded The Sims 3 Fix but I don't have a folder or anything for it besides the download so this is where I get stumped.

It's strange that the Manual Patch is detected as malicious, as it's an official tool from EA, and one of the download links is even from their website. If you made sure that you got it from here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch
It should be alright.

And you can download WinRAR from our downloads website too, if you wish. Wink

Sorry, but what do you mean when you say that you don't have a folder for the Ultimate Fix? It should be a RAR file, that you extract too, and the only thing you need to do is to copy the two files inside the #Crack folder and paste them into Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, or if your base game is from Origin it must go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Make sure to select "Copy and Replace" when prompted.

Remember that the Step 1 of the guide is installing the expansion packs, so you must to that first. And about a question of your first post, having the legal base game and expansion packs won't mess anything up, they mix pretty well without problems.

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenia on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 17:33

Okay so Pets is downloaded and Showtime is downloaded as well. It says that its seeding.

I downloaded the patch and as I said before Chrome thinks its malicious. I will download it again if I need it. 

I downloaded The Sims 3 Fix.. When I click on it to install this is what I get: 7-Zip installation 9.20 Setup and its saying it will be saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\. When I search to find that folder after the installation I can't find it. Should I be saving it to another destination and that's why I can't find it? It is a rar file -- The_Sims_3_fix.rar .. its just when I click on it to be installed nothing happens & I can't find it.

Its the steps with the patch and the ultimate fix.. nothing happens. Once I fix those I should be able to move forward.. sorry for so many questions lol

//EDIT

Now the games are installed but I must've done something wrong because when I start up the game It doesn't allow me to go online and when I'm at the screen to pick a town the town drop down scroll is blank as well as the new game part and any option I can choose is blank. What is going on if you know what I've referring to? Thank you again

Xenia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 20:47

@Xenia wrote:Okay so Pets is downloaded and Showtime is downloaded as well. It says that its seeding.

I downloaded the patch and as I said before Chrome thinks its malicious. I will download it again if I need it. 

I downloaded The Sims 3 Fix.. When I click on it to install this is what I get: 7-Zip installation 9.20 Setup and its saying it will be saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\. When I search to find that folder after the installation I can't find it. Should I be saving it to another destination and that's why I can't find it? It is a rar file -- The_Sims_3_fix.rar .. its just when I click on it to be installed nothing happens & I can't find it.

Its the steps with the patch and the ultimate fix.. nothing happens. Once I fix those I should be able to move forward.. sorry for so many questions lol

//EDIT

Now the games are installed but I must've done something wrong because when I start up the game It doesn't allow me to go online and when I'm at the screen to pick a town the town drop down scroll is blank as well as the new game part and any option I can choose is blank. What is going on if you know what I've referring to? Thank you again

Sorry, but I couldn't really understand the Ultimate Fix part. You must be clicking in a 7-Zip Setup, as the Ultimate Fix is a RAR that must be extracted, not installed. For the extraction, it's important that you use WinRAR. And maybe you should try downloading the Manual Patch with a different browser, like Firefox for example.

The blank start screen is most likely caused by the Ultimate Fix being wrongly applied. If you follow the instructions I told you before for it, you shouldn't have any problems. About the online feature, I'm not sure about that. But it's important that you apply the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix correctly for the game to work. Smile

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenia on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 20:55

Alright, I'll try to download the patch again.. I know one of them kept being blocked because chrome said that it was malicious. 

Also, if the game is on your desktop that definitely means that its installed right? I have origin so I really can't tell.

Xenia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 21:01

@Xenia wrote:Alright, I'll try to download the patch again.. I know one of them kept being blocked because chrome said that it was malicious. 

Also, if the game is on your desktop that definitely means that its installed right? I have origin so I really can't tell.

Yes, it's most likely installed if you already have a shortcut on the desktop. Wink

When you are done with the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix, please be sure to let us know how it went! Good luck!

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenia on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 16:17

I wanted to thank you, once the game started running I played non-stop and forgot to come back to say thank you.

However, when I went to launch the game earlier today I realized that it keeps crashing to the desktop now during start up. Before I tried 20 mins ago it would launch no problem but when I would go to my desktop it wouldn't let me get back into the game/it would crash.

It was working perfectly fine before. Anything I can do to fix it?

Xenia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:27

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum