How do I enter Neighbourhood build mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I enter Neighbourhood build mode

Post by lilyPoo on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 13:12

1. How do I enter a mode where I can just build on a lot without playing one of their stupid sims, like I did in Sims 3?
2. If anyone manages to find a successful way to turn off tutorials please make it a sticky.
3. I hate this game
4. Do you have to click on all the stupid 'you have new content' rubbish every time you load the stupid game?
5. I hate this game
lilyPoo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I enter Neighbourhood build mode

Post by SeoY on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 13:44

Hi there! Smile

To Build on a lot, just click it and select the second icon that appears on the right if it's a house, or the first if it's a community lot. If you hover over it it should say "Build".
We're still figuring out a way to disable tutorials without Origin. We'll keep you updated with any progress.
Actually, that "You have new content" messages should only appear once, unless you go online in your account and then offline again.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I enter Neighbourhood build mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 18:16

lilyPoo wrote:1. How do I enter a mode where I can just build on a lot without playing one of their stupid sims, like I did in Sims 3?
2. If anyone manages to find a successful way to turn off tutorials please make it a sticky.
3. I hate this game
4. Do you have to click on all the stupid 'you have new content' rubbish every time you load the stupid game?
5. I hate this game

Hello lilyPoo,

Indeed, these "new content" messages should only appear once. They can appear again, for example, when you rename or delete your username-folder "The Sims 4", located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. So when the game creates a fresh "The Sims 4"-folder, upon starting the game next time, you will get the message, but again only once.

If you mean to get those messages all the time, then this is not normal, but at present I don't have an explanation for that. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

About the game itself...I strongly assume you pirated it ? In that case, you can view it from a positive standpoint: at least you didn't throw out money for it. Very Happy  I actually have a legit game on Origin, and I can't say I like it too much either. It feels like The Sims 2 with better graphics. Personally, I hope they (EA/Maxis) do something about this "locked" neighborhood, so that you can actually walk around more freely, like in Sims 3. This would be my main concern with the game.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum