Sims 3 CAW Exporting Failed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 CAW Exporting Failed

Post by simmeri4 on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 05:48

I have searched and come across many ways on fixing this issue, and none have helped me. The only way I have been able to export is by making a new EA folder in my documents and exporting it to there. It installs fine, loads okay, no known issues. BUT. Theres a huge problem. For whatever reason a bunch of trees/plants etc were replaced and the world looked super funky. These are not CC trees i believe. Most of these come from EP's and EA worlds etc etc. (I can get an exact list of what trees are being replaced if needed) I noticed that the reason for this is because when i generated the new EA folder the trees were missing from the metadata list all of a sudden. Why is this? 

I'm thinking this is my problem. Here is a screenshot of what these trees show up as in CAW. I did read somewhere that people were successful in cloning objects that showed up like this? no idea....

Help Help Help I'm new here.

//EDIT

No one knows?  I just tried converting the .world into a package. And placed it into the non-packaged folder, just to see what would happen. It shows up on the start menu when i load up the sims 3, but it says "a serious error has occured, place restart the application". This is likely happening because the world isnt properly installed but was worth a shot. 

So then i found a tool that converts packaged into sims3packs. (i converted the exported .world files into package in s3pe)

I go to install the sims3pack and now i get an error "installation failed: please make sure your software is up to date etc etc" 

At that point i tried the sims 3 pack decrapifier. same error. But i noticed that decrapped file is smaller now, so something must've worked.

simmeri4
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 CAW Exporting Failed

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:58

@simmeri4 wrote:
No one knows?  

Hello simmeri4 and welcome,

As for me, I haven't worked too much with CAW, since I never felt the need to do so. Hence I need to look into your issue, sometime next week, and until then please try and be patient. Do you actually have the LATEST available CAW version installed ? Get it here:

http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/global/downloads/caw/worldtool.exe

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmeri4 on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 04:39

Thank you so much! And yes, I do have the latest version. A fresh re-install assures that. In the mean time, I'll play around and see if there is anything else i can figure out alone.

simmeri4
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 06 Nov 2014, 18:04

Did you "group" your plants after putting them? I remember that the world would get too heavy if you didn't do that, specially if you had too many plants around, even though I never seen the plants "different". They would just not show. I had other issues with the game when I had too many lots per area etc... Please let me know if I can be of any help, maybe through TeamViewer (we may set a day and time, you may contact me on facebook if you need a faster reply, since I usually come here only once or twice a day).

I played with CAW a bit and I would love to be of help. Have a great evening!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmeri4 on Thu 06 Nov 2014, 21:44

I have made sure they were grouped. Now, my world is a little "tree/plant heavy", but i've made worlds with lots of trees in the past and they worked fine for me. As for lots, there aren't many in one area, or chunk boundary im assuming you are referring too. 

Also, would building up lots in Edit In Game through CAW (with CC) be a problem too?

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Turns out it was the lots with CC...i saved all lots and bulldozed, saved, and exported successfully! now lets see if it installs!

simmeri4
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:58

@simmeri4 wrote:I have made sure they were grouped. Now, my world is a little "tree/plant heavy", but i've made worlds with lots of trees in the past and they worked fine for me. As for lots, there aren't many in one area, or chunk boundary im assuming you are referring too. 

Also, would building up lots in Edit In Game through CAW (with CC) be a problem too?

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Turns out it was the lots with CC...i saved all lots and bulldozed, saved, and exported successfully! now lets see if it installs!
I was going to suggest that! Edit in Game through CAW is too slow, I figured out that it's much more efficient (and fun) to install your world into the game and create a new game using it, then you save the lots and import them later using Edit in Game through CAW only when you're done...

I am glad it worked out! Do you need help with anything else?

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: