CAS sim texture won't load

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAS sim texture won't load

Post by Marlene95 on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 02:04

Basically, the problem is, when I enter CAS, the sim looks like this:

so, I can't edit it :c even some of the buttons don't show up until the cursor goes on them. Video and sound are running smoothly and I have set them to the lowest, have used the ultimate fix before opening the game. Any ideas?

Marlene95
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1026
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CAS sim texture won't load

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 05:01

@Marlene95 wrote:Basically, the problem is, when I enter CAS, the sim looks like this:

so, I can't edit it :c even some of the buttons don't show up until the cursor goes on them. Video and sound are running smoothly and I have set them to the lowest, have used the ultimate fix before opening the game. Any ideas?


Hello Marlene and welcome,


At this point I can only guess what could be wrong. Do you now how to update your graphics drivers ? Press the Windows key + R. In the small search mask that comes up type dxdiag and hit enter.

Now, in the bigger window that comes up, go to the tab named "Display" and tell me what is written there under "Name" and "Chip type". Or you can also upload a screenshot of that "Display"-tab too. Smile  


Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18682
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CAS sim texture won't load

Post by Marlene95 on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 04:46

Carlos wrote:Hello Marlene and welcome,


At this point I can only guess what could be wrong. Do you now how to update your graphics drivers ? Press the Windows key + R. In the small search mask that comes up type dxdiag and hit enter.

Now, in the bigger window that comes up, go to the tab named "Display" and tell me what is written there under "Name" and "Chip type". Or you can also upload a screenshot of that "Display"-tab too. Smile  


Good luck !

Thanks for the welcome, and for the quick response. Here it goes:
Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
and the Chip type says the same.

Marlene95
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1026
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CAS sim texture won't load

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 20:16

@Marlene95 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, and for the quick response. Here it goes:
Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
and the Chip type says the same.


I'm afraid you won't be able to run the game properly on that graphics chip, but let's see. Can you check out this here, and see if updates fro your graphics chip are detected ?

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics



//EDIT

Does your computer have a second graphics card ? A stronger one maybe ? If so, it would be possible to switch graphics cards, so that Sims 4 uses the stronger one. In case of doubt, do some research on your computer model and/or look in any available reference manual(s).
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18682
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CAS sim texture won't load

Post by Marlene95 on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 05:46

Nope WhatDidUJustCallMe? so I guess i'm gonna have to stay with the sims 3 (which runs perfectly btw) I have a mac, but have to wait until the game releases for it >.<
Anyway, thanks for your time (:

Marlene95
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1026
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CAS sim texture won't load

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 06:02

@Marlene95 wrote:Nope WhatDidUJustCallMe? so I guess i'm gonna have to stay with the sims 3 (which runs perfectly btw) I have a mac, but have to wait until the game releases for it >.<
Anyway, thanks for your time (:

I assume you're running Bootcamp or something similar ? I've seen some people having similar graphics glitches, when running the game on a Mac computer with Parallels/Bootcamp.

At that point, I'm afraid I can't help further, since I'm unfamiliar with how exactly Bootcamp and similar things work. Do you have ALL available Windows updates downloaded and installed too ? Please check the "Control Panel" in Windows, and then go under "System" -> "Windows Update".

You may also write Phoebe a PM; she knows more about Mac than I do. Via this link:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/u8780



Keep in mind though she's not regularly here, so you may have to be patient when awaiting a reply. Maybe she'll reply to this thread.


Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18682
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum