Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 09:03

Anyone on here playing it ? Very Happy  I got it on Steam, and just finished downloading and playing it for a little while. And wow, it's already huge fun ! Razz  Though I still need to check it out more; so far I only played (a pirated) "Borderlands 2" a little bit, and hence I - still - need to get the "hang" of the in-game mechanisms of that series. One thing I noted straight away was the very "humorous" in-game approach; which is a welcome "diversion" from COD, Battlefield and the like. 

If anyone played it, how do you like it ? Smile 








//EDIT

Yes, it seems that if you know the two previous Borderlands-titles already, you may not find the "Pre-Sequel" too much innovative. But as I'm fairly new to this, it's the right thing for me. Very Happy 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Post by Adwomin on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:50

Hi there,

Indeed, Borderlands 3 looks a lot like the previous ones from the series (except for the zero-gravity feature). But it doesn't matter that it's pretty much the same, because those were the things that make Borderlands a good game. ("Don't fix what isn't broken!")

I have just two complaints:

- Game was waaaay to short. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 for many more hours.
- The pre-order DLC was an "arena", where your only goal is killing a few enemies, wave after wave. They should not be allowed to even call this a DLC. In Borderlands 2, a DLC (read: Season Pass) actually added something to the game; like a whole new story to play. I'm actually against Season Passes, but more and more companies are introducing them. They are just rip-offs in my opinion.

//EDIT

Carlos, you should try playing co-op with friends. That way you'll continue with your own save file, but then with friends.
That's usually a lot more fun than playing alone.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026417
Reputation : 2252
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 09:11

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Indeed, Borderlands 3 looks a lot like the previous ones from the series (except for the zero-gravity feature). But it doesn't matter that it's pretty much the same, because those were the things that make Borderlands a good game. ("Don't fix what isn't broken!")

I have just two complaints:

- Game was waaaay to short. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 for many more hours.
- The pre-order DLC was an "arena", where your only goal is killing a few enemies, wave after wave. They should not be allowed to even call this a DLC. In Borderlands 2, a DLC (read: Season Pass) actually added something to the game; like a whole new story to play. I'm actually against Season Passes, but more and more companies are introducing them. They are just rip-offs in my opinion.

//EDIT

Carlos, you should try playing co-op with friends. That way you'll continue with your own save file, but then with friends.
That's usually a lot more fun than playing alone.

Thanks for the tip with the co-op ! Very Happy  I haven't gotten to play the "Pre-Sequel" too much though, this week. But there's no rush. 

I also got this pre-order bonus, namely this "Shock Drop Slaughter Pit Challenge Map" (as it is called). It was even a separate Steam code; separate from the main game. Suspect  I also expected much more from this "bonus"... Razz 


So far, I have pirated the two previous titles, but if there is a discount (including their DLCs !), I may actually buy them on Steam, for "full" multiplayer features. Yes, I agree that singleplayer mode alone is a bit boring.

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Post by Adwomin on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 23:12

Carlos wrote:So far, I have pirated the two previous titles, but if there is a discount (including their DLCs !), I may actually buy them on Steam, for "full" multiplayer features. Yes, I agree that singleplayer mode alone is a bit boring.
Hi there,

By the way, I'm going to replay Borderlands 1 with a friend soon. Do you fancy joining us? Smile
Don't worry about the CD key, I'll take care of that for you.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026417
Reputation : 2252
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 10:29

Admin wrote:Hi there,

By the way, I'm going to replay Borderlands 1 with a friend soon. Do you fancy joining us? Smile
Don't worry about the CD key, I'll take care of that for you.


Sure, why not ? Very Happy  But it's not like you owe me anything...if you want to "arrange" something about a legit serial key, I wouldn't reject it though. Razz 

For now, I have a legit "Pre-Sequel", and that's OK. I still need to get a better "feeling" for that franchise anyway.

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Post by Adwomin on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:36

Carlos wrote:
Admin wrote:Hi there,

By the way, I'm going to replay Borderlands 1 with a friend soon. Do you fancy joining us? Smile
Don't worry about the CD key, I'll take care of that for you.


Sure, why not ? Very Happy  But it's not like you owe me anything...if you want to "arrange" something about a legit serial key, I wouldn't reject it though. Razz 

For now, I have a legit "Pre-Sequel", and that's OK. I still need to get a better "feeling" for that franchise anyway.
Good, I'll PM you!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026417
Reputation : 2252
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum