Can't download the manual patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't download the manual patch

Post by assbutt on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 14:03

So today I decided to install TS3 again. I uninstalled it because the launcher stopped working and it's still not working, so I remembered this forum and tried to download the manual patch since I needed the launcher to update my game. Now, Google Chrome keeps blocking and deleting the manual patch because it says that it can damage my computer. Help me someone?
avatar
assbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, SimCity 5
Female Posts : 11
Points : 1253
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by SeoY on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 14:25

Hi there! Smile

My suggestion would be to try downloading it with a different browser, as this is the second time lately that I've heard Chrome gives problems with the Manual Patch. I guess we'll need to take a look into that.

Please, keep us updated. Good luck!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by assbutt on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 14:45

It worked if I didn't download it from MEGA, so MEGA is the problem.

//EDIT

Now I have a different issue. I updated my game with the manual patch and then I applied the Ultimate Fix, but my launcher isn't working at all. I can't install new CC, I can't do anything.
avatar
assbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, SimCity 5
Female Posts : 11
Points : 1253
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by SeoY on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:09

@assbutt wrote:It worked if I didn't download it from MEGA, so MEGA is the problem.

//EDIT

Now I have a different issue. I updated my game with the manual patch and then I applied the Ultimate Fix, but my launcher isn't working at all. I can't install new CC, I can't do anything.

Sorry, but could you tell us a little more details about your problem? What expansion packs do you have installed? Where exactly did you get the base game from?

And what do you mean with "the launcher isn't working"? It doesn't open at all, or it shows an error at start up...?
Do you have Mods installed?

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by assbutt on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:30

Sorry should have explained more. I have a physical copy of the game, and I have a physical copy of Supernatural but I installed it through Origin. I don't have any CC or mods installed yet, but I was planning on installing some if the launcher actually worked. When I try and open the launcher all I get is the error message "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" and nothing else. In other words, the launcher doesn't appear, just the error message. I don't have the missingdeps.idx file, I have tried the Ultimate Fix, but nothing works. I can go straight into the game, but I want to add CC and mods. 


I tried downloading a program that will convert all my Sims3pack into .package files, but that program didn't work either (same issue as with the launcher, all I get is the error message). So idk what's wrong.
avatar
assbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, SimCity 5
Female Posts : 11
Points : 1253
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by SeoY on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:48

@assbutt wrote:Sorry should have explained more. I have a physical copy of the game, and I have a physical copy of Supernatural but I installed it through Origin. I don't have any CC or mods installed yet, but I was planning on installing some if the launcher actually worked. When I try and open the launcher all I get is the error message "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" and nothing else. In other words, the launcher doesn't appear, just the error message. I don't have the missingdeps.idx file, I have tried the Ultimate Fix, but nothing works. I can go straight into the game, but I want to add CC and mods. 


I tried downloading a program that will convert all my Sims3pack into .package files, but that program didn't work either (same issue as with the launcher, all I get is the error message). So idk what's wrong.

Please, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and rename this folder (or move it somewhere else). Then, try starting the launcher once again. It should create a new The Sims 3 folder.

And, just as a little tip, the only thing you need the launcher for is to install Worlds into the game. For the normal Sims3Packs, you can use CC Magic that also works a lot better than the Launcher, helping with organization. You can find it here:
http://modthesims.info/d/461888

And the Mods aren't installed through the Launcher anyway. They are added to the Mods folder from the Framework. Take a look at this guide here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

Anyway, please try renaming the folder and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by assbutt on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 16:46



That is what I get when I rename the folder. I get the same pop up message when I move the folder out of Electronic Arts.

//EDIT
@SeoY wrote:
@assbutt wrote:Sorry should have explained more. I have a physical copy of the game, and I have a physical copy of Supernatural but I installed it through Origin. I don't have any CC or mods installed yet, but I was planning on installing some if the launcher actually worked. When I try and open the launcher all I get is the error message "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" and nothing else. In other words, the launcher doesn't appear, just the error message. I don't have the missingdeps.idx file, I have tried the Ultimate Fix, but nothing works. I can go straight into the game, but I want to add CC and mods.


I tried downloading a program that will convert all my Sims3pack into .package files, but that program didn't work either (same issue as with the launcher, all I get is the error message). So idk what's wrong.

Please, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and rename this folder (or move it somewhere else). Then, try starting the launcher once again. It should create a new The Sims 3 folder.

And, just as a little tip, the only thing you need the launcher for is to install Worlds into the game. For the normal Sims3Packs, you can use CC Magic that also works a lot better than the Launcher, helping with organization. You can find it here:
http://modthesims.info/d/461888

And the Mods aren't installed through the Launcher anyway. They are added to the Mods folder from the Framework. Take a look at this guide here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

Anyway, please try renaming the folder and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

I have downloaded CC Magic but I have no idea how it works :s
avatar
assbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, SimCity 5
Female Posts : 11
Points : 1253
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by SeoY on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 17:01

@assbutt wrote:

That is what I get when I rename the folder. I get the same pop up message when I move the folder out of Electronic Arts.

//EDIT

I have downloaded CC Magic but I have no idea how it works :s

It seems you renamed the folder in Program Files. Wink
The location of the folder I told you to rename is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, not Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Put the folder you just moved (and renamed) to it's original location and rename it to The Sims 3 again. Now, do the same thing but with the folder in Documents.

About CC Magic, there's quite a few guides on how to use it. We have one of those here if you wish:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by assbutt on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 17:31

Okay so, if I got this right. If I enable sets with CC in CC Magic, they will appear in my game? Correct? I have enabled a set of CC in CC Magic.

EDIT: the Launcher is still not working.
avatar
assbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, SimCity 5
Female Posts : 11
Points : 1253
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by SeoY on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 17:39

@assbutt wrote:Okay so, if I got this right. If I enable sets with CC in CC Magic, they will appear in my game? Correct? I have enabled a set of CC in CC Magic.

EDIT: the Launcher is still not working.

Yes, if you enable a single set in CC Magic, only that set of CC will appear in your game. You can create sets with the CC that you want and disable or enable them at will. Smile

About the Launcher, I'm sorry to say that the only possibility that I know that's left is uninstalling and reinstalling the base game. You don't need to uninstall Supernatural, but maybe reinstalling the base game will do the trick. If you do uninstall it, you should do a clean uninstallation, either manually or with a program like Revo Uninstaller or Your Uninstaller! Pro. You can get that last one in our downloads website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

In the program, just look for The Sims 3 and select Uninstall. Choose "Super Mode" when prompted. When it's done, restart your computer, and then reinstall the base game.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't download the manual patch

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum