Installer information problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installer information problem

Post by Michelle801 on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 00:02

I have downloaded the G4TW torrent and unzipped it with 7zip to a folder, I double click and keep on trying to install TS4, and every time i do, i get this error http://oi57.tinypic.com/29nxe7n.jpg
What am i doing wrong?
Michelle801
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Fable 1-2, The Sims Franchise, Ace Attorney Series, Professor Layton Series, Ib, Jak and Daxter 1-2 & 3, Legend Of Zelda Series, Tales Of Xilla 1-2, and Skies Of Arcadia Legends
Female Posts : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installer information problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 00:06

Michelle801 wrote:I have downloaded the G4TW torrent and unzipped it with 7zip to a folder, I double click and keep on trying to install TS4, and every time i do, i get this error http://oi57.tinypic.com/29nxe7n.jpg
What am i doing wrong?

Hello again,

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting ? First make sure to disable any anti-virus programs you have. Also make an EMPTY folder somewhere on your C: drive. And then use WinRAR to re-extract, into that folder on C:

After the re-extraction, go to that folder and re-start the installation from there.

Things like that can happen if you don't use WinRAR, or if you are trying to install from an external source (USB flashdrive, etc.).

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle801 on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 01:11

Carlos wrote:
Michelle801 wrote:I have downloaded the G4TW torrent and unzipped it with 7zip to a folder, I double click and keep on trying to install TS4, and every time i do, i get this error http://oi57.tinypic.com/29nxe7n.jpg
What am i doing wrong?

Hello again,

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting ? First make sure to disable any anti-virus programs you have. Also make an EMPTY folder somewhere on your C: drive. And then use WinRAR to re-extract, into that folder on C:

After the re-extraction, go to that folder and re-start the installation from there.

Things like that can happen if you don't use WinRAR, or if you are trying to install from an external source (USB flashdrive, etc.).

Good luck for now !
I followed the directions and it works like a charm!~ Thanks so much :3 only problem is my uploads (houses and people i uploaded to the gallery) from the Skidrow version didn't transfer over with it :C
Michelle801
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Fable 1-2, The Sims Franchise, Ace Attorney Series, Professor Layton Series, Ib, Jak and Daxter 1-2 & 3, Legend Of Zelda Series, Tales Of Xilla 1-2, and Skies Of Arcadia Legends
Female Posts : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 04:48

Michelle801 wrote:I followed the directions and it works like a charm!~ Thanks so much :3 only problem is my uploads (houses and people i uploaded to the gallery) from the Skidrow version didn't transfer over with it :C

There is a guide on how to connect to the gallery with Games4TheWorld's release; have you seen it already ? Smile

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

See if you can re-download the stuff you uploaded. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum