"The Sims 4 has stopped working" problem.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" problem.

Post by SeoY on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 22:31

@prestongirlz wrote:Hello all !

I have downloaded the game there for a week. Now I installed it , and I also installed the latest updates by following everything literally.

When I start the game, I can create the character but when I want to start the game, the sims 4 stop working.

I put my drivers up to date, I quit avast, I removed the "online" mode, I run the game in administrator mode ... nothing works.

I just saw your solution with the mods in My Documents / Electronic Arts. I delete the folder Sims 4, but when I launch the game with TS4.exe, mods are recreated automatically. So they are automatically included in your installation? How can I do to not create them?

The problem perhaps does not come from?

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Thank you !

Hi there! Smile

Please, create a new topic for your issue. Even if the problem seems the same, you should always create a new topic for us to be able to help you better.

We'll be glad to try and help you after you've created it. Wink

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by prestongirlz on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 22:54

When I try, I have this message "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

prestongirlz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 22:56

@prestongirlz wrote:When I try, I have this message "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Here is the link to create the new topic:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/post?f=45&mode=newtopic

There's no need to post links in there. Just write the post exactly as you already did, with all the information you can. Smile

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SimmerAbby on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 05:10

@SimmerAbby wrote:Origin uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled but still crashing on gallery Sad
What about the problem with the 4gb patch? Is there anything I can do?
I'm going to check if all the mods are compatible Wink

Is anyone going to answer?
SimmerAbby
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, GTA series, Silent Hill series.
Female Posts : 58

View user profile http://twitter.com/albanigrcia

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 05:49

@SimmerAbby wrote:Origin uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled but still crashing on gallery Sad
What about the problem with the 4gb patch? Is there anything I can do?
I'm going to check if all the mods are compatible Wink

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, make sure the mods actually work for your patch level. About the vcredist_arm.exe from before, that's OK - forget about it. At least you got the other 2 files installed. 

So... when you apply the 4GB patch, you are getting that error still, with the rld.dll ? That's weird, but for now, if you think it is related to the 4GB patch, then leave the patch out.

And as a very radical measure, I'd even suggest you give it a try to un-install your anti-virus completely. And then try applying the latest Ultimate fix again. And maybe even the 4GB patch too, depending on how things turn out.

And if you still can't get the gallery working, try my other "workaround" I described here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18097-offline-gallery-how-do-i-get-my-sims#125945

@SimmerAbby wrote:
Is anyone going to answer?

As I said, I'm sorry for the late reply, but please keep in mind that it is impossible for me to keep up with everything on here, all the time. Sometimes me (and the other team members) just get too busy with other stuff.

Besides replying to posts and checking everything for any rule violations, me and the other Moderators are very busy "in the background" of the forum too - with things that might not be immediately visible for the average user. 

Moreover, I'm not feeling too good at the moment partly because I'm dealing with some real-life obligations too, which put an even greater burden on me. 

If you feel you have been "overlooked", feel free to contact the Helper/Mod who helped you "last" (in a thread), via private messaging. And we will try hard to get back to you.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14078

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum