Game crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes

Post by Violet on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 15:52

Hi!
I have TS4 and since a week or 2 ago it keeps crashing very often.
I have downloaded your last fix trying to see if that problem stops, but it didn't.
The game crashes when I try to get into a particular household (let's name it HH1) and after I play some time in another household (HH2).
I think it's something weird because if I stay in pause or i use only build/buy mode with HH2 it doesn't crash, even if I "play" for an hour or more.
I searched for solutions and I've read about the DEP exceptions and the 4gb patch, so I've added TS4.exe to DEP exceptions but still crashed. When I tried to apply the 4gb patch it appears it worked, but when I try to open TS4.exe it appears an error "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E0)".

My pc is a 64bit with 8gb RAM.

Can somebody help, please?  Why God.

Violet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes

Post by Shamrock on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 17:50

The file mentionned has been deleted by your antivirus.
Please install the game again, and add the folder to your antivirus.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 21:13

Shamrock wrote:The file mentionned has been deleted by your antivirus.
Please install the game again, and add the folder to your antivirus.
The file is in the folder of the game...I've already added the folder to antivirus exceptions...

Violet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:30

Violet wrote:The file is in the folder of the game...I've already added the folder to antivirus exceptions...

//MOVED

Hello Violet and welcome,

Do you have any mods ? If yes, remove ALL of them for now. Next, see this here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes

This here is written for Sims 3, but can you do step #2, and apply the steps to your TS4.exe, in your base game location of Sims 4 ? The file is located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Or C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin if you have a legit game.

After you added that file to the "DEP exceptions", try this:
If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 of the above guide in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS4.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

If you don't have 4GB of RAM and/or a 32-bit Windows, forget the step.

Now try the game again. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:50

Carlos wrote:
Violet wrote:The file is in the folder of the game...I've already added the folder to antivirus exceptions...

//MOVED

Hello Violet and welcome,

Do you have any mods ? If yes, remove ALL of them for now. Next, see this here:

This here is written for Sims 3, but can you do step #2, and apply the steps to your TS4.exe, in your base game location of Sims 4 ? The file is located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Or C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin if you have a legit game.

After you added that file to the "DEP exceptions", try this:
If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 of the above guide in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS4.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

If you don't have 4GB of RAM and/or a 32-bit Windows, forget the step.

Now try the game again. Good luck !
Already did: "I've added TS4.exe to DEP exceptions but still crashed. When I tried to apply the 4gb patch it appears it worked, but when I try to open TS4.exe it appears an error "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E0)"."
I have a lot of mods, I've tried without them and it seems it works, but when I put them back it also worked, at least for an hour. Then it crashed again.
I've looked for some updates of the scripts, but the one I've got are tested even with the new version and they should work. Can also simple mods (hair, clothings, etc...) be the problem? I knew they don't get trouble because they don't modify the game as scripts....

Violet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:55

Violet wrote:Already did: "I've added TS4.exe to DEP exceptions but still crashed. When I tried to apply the 4gb patch it appears it worked, but when I try to open TS4.exe it appears an error "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E0)"."
I have a lot of mods, I've tried without them and it seems it works, but when I put them back it also worked, at least for an hour. Then it crashed again.
I've looked for some updates of the scripts, but the one I've got are tested even with the new version and they should work. Can also simple mods (hair, clothings, etc...) be the problem? I knew they don't get trouble because they don't modify the game as scripts....

Try downloading and installing the following files in the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install all 3 files, so the...

vcredist_arm.exe
vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe

After you did that, re-try running the game. Good luck ! Smile

P.S. theoretically, every piece of CC can be a "problem", but it's usually only mods (things that modify in-game mechanisms) that cause issues.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 02:47

Carlos wrote:
Violet wrote:Already did: "I've added TS4.exe to DEP exceptions but still crashed. When I tried to apply the 4gb patch it appears it worked, but when I try to open TS4.exe it appears an error "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E0)"."

Try downloading and installing the following files in the link:

Download and install all 3 files, so the...

vcredist_arm.exe
vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe

After you did that, re-try running the game. Good luck ! Smile

P.S. theoretically, every piece of CC can be a "problem", but it's usually only mods (things that modify in-game mechanisms) that cause issues.

Also done.
After all this I think it's gotta be a CC problem  Why God.
The BIG problem is that I have 370 packages and I need many of them because I play with fictional characters remade on the sims, so I use customized hair, eyes and clothes to make them look like the fictional characters.....how can I see what are the "bad" packages????  Why.

Violet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 13:08

Violet wrote:
Also done.
After all this I think it's gotta be a CC problem  Why God.
The BIG problem is that I have 370 packages and I need many of them because I play with fictional characters remade on the sims, so I use customized hair, eyes and clothes to make them look like the fictional characters.....how can I see what are the "bad" packages????  Why.

I honestly can't tell you what the "bad" packages are. In the end, it is solely your responsibility to take care of your CC stuff. We (Helpers/Mods) can try and give you rough guidelines, but in the end, the main effort is up to you.

In your case, try moving out the packages in "batches". For instance, take out half your packages first, then start the game. See if it still crashes. If it does, shrink your remaining packages futher, by moving again half of them out, and try again. Do this until your game seems to work fine then.

Once it works, then focus on the stuff you removed immediately BEFORE that. So...filter the recently removed stuff one-by-one (by putting them back in, slowly) until you can identify the defective CC item(s). And once youi managed that, you may put back in all the rtest of your CC that you moved out.

This is only a very rough guideline though, and in your case, it might take a while to filter the stuff, but that's the best thing I can suggest. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum