Pools not showing up in the build menu.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:11

I uppdated the game trough the ultimate fix thing but the pools STILL dont show up! i tried to use using a fake online account but that did not work and the same with offline... am i'm doing something wrong???

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by Shamrock on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:16

Hello,
Have you followed the instructions?
Did you update the game and apply the Crack?

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5944
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:19

Shamrock wrote:Hello,
Have you followed the instructions?
Did you update the game and apply the Crack?
Umm there was no crack in the uppdate file. or do i need to open up the main file and apply that one again?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by Shamrock on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:39

Correct, my bad, I have been helping with Sims 3...
This is very weird indeed. Have you replaced ALL files?

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5944
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:43

Shamrock wrote:Correct, my bad, I have been helping with Sims 3...
This is very weird indeed. Have you replaced ALL files?
Yes. unless the .rar is missing files then i dont know WhatDidUJustCallMe?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by Shamrock on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:49

Did you use WinRAR to unzip?
And have you checked your antivirus? It might be getting in the way...

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5944
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:57

Shamrock wrote:Did you use WinRAR to unzip?
And have you checked your antivirus? It might be getting in the way...
Do i need to unzip the .rar file? for the files to work correctly? I have never been in need to do it before from what i recall. and my AV does allow every program to go trough that i have allowed and all the sims 4 files are part of that WhatDidUJustCallMe?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by LegendarySims on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 19:08

Well, I'd disable the AV software while you do this, as it gets in the way and sometimes stops the process.

If you go onto "Show hidden icons" in the corner, right click your AV software and select this:
Spoiler:



Then you should re-do the steps.

// EDIT \\ I'm not surely positive is this works for other AV Software or just for AVG (this is the one I use)

But yeah, just incase, you should disable it.

_________________


Hey there! My name is LegendarySims, I love Simming, and I've been playing The Sims ever since the first game! Be sure to check out some useful stuff below!

avatar
LegendarySims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™ 3 /\ The Sims™ 4 /\ ROBLOX /\ Train Simulator 2015 /\ Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Female Posts : 55
Points : 1485
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 20
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 19:35

LegendarySims wrote:Well, I'd disable the AV software while you do this, as it gets in the way and sometimes stops the process.

If you go onto "Show hidden icons" in the corner, right click your AV software and select this:
Spoiler:



Then you should re-do the steps.

// EDIT \\ I'm not surely positive is this works for other AV Software or just for AVG (this is the one I use)

But yeah, just incase, you should disable it.
I did it. and it did not work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by SeoY on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 21:42

RocketBunny wrote:
LegendarySims wrote:Well, I'd disable the AV software while you do this, as it gets in the way and sometimes stops the process.

If you go onto "Show hidden icons" in the corner, right click your AV software and select this:
Spoiler:



Then you should re-do the steps.

// EDIT \\ I'm not surely positive is this works for other AV Software or just for AVG (this is the one I use)

But yeah, just incase, you should disable it.
I did it. and it did not work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hi there! Very Happy

What antivirus do you have, if I may ask?

You should try downloading the Ultimate Fix again, after disabling your antivirus temporarily. Make sure that you extract the RAR file with WinRAR, and that you do it to an empty folder. Then, take the 4 folders and copy them again to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, making sure that you select "Copy and Replace" when prompted.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727
Points : 3707
Reputation : 299
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 20:05

okey... i disabled my anti virus software once again and tried to launch it with origin and the "items removed" thing showed up. And i tried to launch it with out origin and nothing. i download the files from the "ultimate fix" area i dont know what else is wrong... >_> 

do i need to apply a crack or something?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by LegendarySims on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:00

I'm not positivity sure, no crack has been given.

_________________


Hey there! My name is LegendarySims, I love Simming, and I've been playing The Sims ever since the first game! Be sure to check out some useful stuff below!

avatar
LegendarySims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™ 3 /\ The Sims™ 4 /\ ROBLOX /\ Train Simulator 2015 /\ Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Female Posts : 55
Points : 1485
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 20
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by SeoY on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:09

RocketBunny wrote:okey... i disabled my anti virus software once again and tried to launch it with origin and the "items removed" thing showed up. And i tried to launch it with out origin and nothing. i download the files from the "ultimate fix" area i dont know what else is wrong... >_> 

do i need to apply a crack or something?

Hi there! Smile

The only crack you need is already supplied in the installation. If it's by any chance deleted by the antivirus, then applying the Ultimate Fix will bring it back (as it's contained in there too).

Yes, the "items removed" notification is normal if you are online and have some of the DLC and/or TS3 Rewards objects placed in the lot. That means they were removed from the catalog. If you log off in Origin, they will appear again when you restart the game.

When you applied the Ultimate Fix, did you make sure to select "Copy and Replace"? The update to the latest version is included in the Ultimate Fix, so if the Pools aren't appearing that means the Ultimate Fix wasn't properly applied. Please, try re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled. Here is the link again if you need it:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Then, copy the 4 folders again, making sure to select the replace option when prompted. Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727
Points : 3707
Reputation : 299
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:26

SeoY wrote:
RocketBunny wrote:okey... i disabled my anti virus software once again and tried to launch it with origin and the "items removed" thing showed up. And i tried to launch it with out origin and nothing. i download the files from the "ultimate fix" area i dont know what else is wrong... >_> 

do i need to apply a crack or something?

Hi there! Smile

The only crack you need is already supplied in the installation. If it's by any chance deleted by the antivirus, then applying the Ultimate Fix will bring it back (as it's contained in there too).

Yes, the "items removed" notification is normal if you are online and have some of the DLC and/or TS3 Rewards objects placed in the lot. That means they were removed from the catalog. If you log off in Origin, they will appear again when you restart the game.

When you applied the Ultimate Fix, did you make sure to select "Copy and Replace"? The update to the latest version is included in the Ultimate Fix, so if the Pools aren't appearing that means the Ultimate Fix wasn't properly applied. Please, try re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled. Here is the link again if you need it:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Then, copy the 4 folders again, making sure to select the replace option when prompted. Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy
I have done the exact same thing. I might re-install the game or wait for a later patch WhatDidUJustCallMe? pools is not soo important for me anyways i just though it would look nice to have in the backyard for the kids :p

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:41

RocketBunny wrote:I have done the exact same thing. I might re-install the game or wait for a later patch WhatDidUJustCallMe? pools is not soo important for me anyways i just though it would look nice to have in the backyard for the kids :p


From your comments so far, I'm sure that you either 1) did not apply the latest Ultimate fix for TS4 correctly and/or 2) your anti-virus is mucking up things.

The latest patch and crack ARE working. I'm sorry to hear about your issues, but at this point, the others have actually said everything already. If you see us on the chatbox sometime, feel free to join the chat (on the forum's main page), and we'll try to assist you further.

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper




avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462
Points : 19189
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by cheryljb on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:47

Hi, I'm having the same problem with Sims 4. I have copyed and past the files and hit yes to replace files. I have also turned off my anti vuires, and still no pools. In fact I have download the ultimate fix several times and re applyed and still nothing. I have even went so fare as to uninstull Sims 4 and reinstall it and add the crack and nothing. All the time I made sure my anti vurise was disabled. Now I did notice when I appled the ultimate fix and replace the files it kept say I need administer permission when I got to end of replacing the files. I am at a lost of what to do. The only good thing is I still can play the game but with the old crack with ghost. Any suggestion please?  I also wanted to think you guys for always helping me out when I played my Sims 3.

cheryljb
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 2
Points : 1829
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-22
Age : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by SeoY on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:49

cheryljb wrote:Hi, I'm having the same problem with Sims 4. I have copyed and past the files and hit yes to replace files. I have also turned off my anti vuires, and still no pools. In fact I have download the ultimate fix several times and re applyed and still nothing. I have even went so fare as to uninstull Sims 4 and reinstall it and add the crack and nothing. All the time I made sure my anti vurise was disabled. Now I did notice when I appled the ultimate fix and replace the files it kept say I need administer permission when I got to end of replacing the files. I am at a lost of what to do. The only good thing is I still can play the game but with the old crack with ghost. Any suggestion please?  I also wanted to think you guys for always helping me out when I played my Sims 3.

Hi there! Very Happy

Please, create a new topic for your issue. Each user should be in a different topic, for us to be able to help more effectively.

We'll be glad to do so after you've made the new topic.

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727
Points : 3707
Reputation : 299
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 22:48

Fixed the problem... but it only works if i have my anti virus system disabled... how do i fix that?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by SeoY on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 22:52

RocketBunny wrote:Fixed the problem... but it only works if i have my anti virus system disabled... how do i fix that?

Well, you could try adding all of the folders from the game install location to the exceptions list. That is, apart from the The Sims 4 one, add all of the four subfolders inside. Those are _Installer, Game, Data, and Support. Add the Bin folder inside Game, too. It depends on your antivirus (you still didn't say which one you have), but some of the exceptions may not work if all of the subfolders aren't in the list. Good luck! Smile

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727
Points : 3707
Reputation : 299
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 16:35

SeoY wrote:
RocketBunny wrote:Fixed the problem... but it only works if i have my anti virus system disabled... how do i fix that?

Well, you could try adding all of the folders from the game install location to the exceptions list. That is, apart from the The Sims 4 one, add all of the four subfolders inside. Those are _Installer, Game, Data, and Support. Add the Bin folder inside Game, too. It depends on your antivirus (you still didn't say which one you have), but some of the exceptions may not work if all of the subfolders aren't in the list. Good luck! Smile
I use malewarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials Smile but can i add the whole "Sims 4" folder ? or do i need to open the folder and choose all of them inside? *hugh noob question yes WhatDidUJustCallMe?

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by SeoY on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 16:41

RocketBunny wrote:I use malewarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials Smile but can i add the whole "Sims 4" folder ? or do i need to open the folder and choose all of them inside? *hugh noob question yes WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I think Malwarebytes already excludes all of the subfolders of any folder you add, so you can try adding the The Sims 4 folder only and see if it works just fine. But you can also add all of the subfolders manually to be completely sure.

About MSE, I think it's best that you add each subfolder too. Or try adding only the higher folder and check if the pools still appear. It all depends on how the antivirus software acts with the exclusion list, so you may need to experiment with that. Wink

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727
Points : 3707
Reputation : 299
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pools not showing up in the build menu.

Post by RocketBunny on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 13:53

SeoY wrote:
RocketBunny wrote:I use malewarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials Smile but can i add the whole "Sims 4" folder ? or do i need to open the folder and choose all of them inside? *hugh noob question yes WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I think Malwarebytes already excludes all of the subfolders of any folder you add, so you can try adding the The Sims 4 folder only and see if it works just fine. But you can also add all of the subfolders manually to be completely sure.

About MSE, I think it's best that you add each subfolder too. Or try adding only the higher folder and check if the pools still appear. It all depends on how the antivirus software acts with the exclusion list, so you may need to experiment with that. Wink
And now it works! thx

RocketBunny
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum