Sim4 Crash: "headlineseffects off" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim4 Crash: "headlineseffects off" [SOLVED]

Post by rivikastyx on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:57

So when I try to use the "headlineeffects off" cheat it crashes my game.  I can obviously live without using that particular cheat but I'm just curious if its happened to anyone else?

rivikastyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, TS3, Castaway
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim4 Crash: "headlineseffects off" [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:51

@rivikastyx wrote:So when I try to use the "headlineeffects off" cheat it crashes my game.  I can obviously live without using that particular cheat but I'm just curious if its happened to anyone else?

Hello rivikastyx and sorry for the late reply,

Sorry, no crash on my end when using this particular cheat. And I don't think it matters that my game is a legit one. Do you maybe have mods that are incompatible ? If so, can you try removing all those mods for now ? 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rivikastyx on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 15:10

Unfortunately I can not use mods/cc/scripts on the g4tw version of sims4 as I had downloaded on set of nails from TSR (NatiliS short nails) and it crashed the game the first night I played.  I removed that content and had been playing a "clean" game.

UPDATE on the game however is that, again, the issue I posted was not to big of a deal for me so I decided to download some clothes from AllAboutStyle and they corrupted my game to the point that I had to uninstall.  

I'm thinking now that when I re install that I will simply not be able to use CC/MODs/Scripts at all.

One thing though is that I did follow the instructions on creating a new Origin account, logging in, and then leaving it up while playing the game so I that I could view the gallery.  Could Origin be the problem with me not being able to have CC/MODs/Scripts in game? Could it also be affecting my cheats?

rivikastyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 16:28

@rivikastyx wrote:Unfortunately I can not use mods/cc/scripts on the g4tw version of sims4 as I had downloaded on set of nails from TSR (NatiliS short nails) and it crashed the game the first night I played.  I removed that content and had been playing a "clean" game.

UPDATE on the game however is that, again, the issue I posted was not to big of a deal for me so I decided to download some clothes from AllAboutStyle and they corrupted my game to the point that I had to uninstall.  

I'm thinking now that when I re install that I will simply not be able to use CC/MODs/Scripts at all.

One thing though is that I did follow the instructions on creating a new Origin account, logging in, and then leaving it up while playing the game so I that I could view the gallery.  Could Origin be the problem with me not being able to have CC/MODs/Scripts in game? Could it also be affecting my cheats?

Well, you can try running the game without Origin and see if that makes a difference, but I guess it doesn't. As for your "bad" CC, if you see a CC item causing issues, then just remove it again, and select another item. And it doesn't matter either whether you use G4TW's game, RELOADED's one or even the one by 3DM. Incompatible CC won't work in any game; not even in legit ones.  Smile

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rivikastyx on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 22:14

I re-installed the game and the "headlineeffects" cheat works without crashing my game with or without origin running in the background now and with or without cc installed.

Also - I researched cc/scripts/mods and found out that I was installing scripted mods wrong (DUH).

All is good in my little simi's world again!

Thank you for you responses and the Sims4!

(topic can be closed)

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun!
-SeoY

rivikastyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down