Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

Post by Lui1698 on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:41

I had a clean install and update to 1.2.xx and applied the patch on my Sims 4, no mods nor cc installed, all clean. But when I tried to select a swimwear. My game hanged, crashed and went to the desktop and said it stopped working. Help pls. Thanks

Lui1698
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 5
Points : 1900
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

Post by SeoY on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:48

Hi there! Very Happy

When you applied the Ultimate Fix, did you make sure to add the folders from the install location to your antivirus exception list? It's pretty critical to do. 

Is your OS 32-bit or 64-bit? And how much RAM do you have?

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

Post by Lui1698 on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:51

@SeoY wrote:Hi there! Very Happy

When you applied the Ultimate Fix, did you make sure to add the folders from the install location to your antivirus exception list? It's pretty critical to do. 

Is your OS 32-bit or 64-bit? And how much RAM do you have?
My antivirus call the exception list "exclusion list" i don't know If that's the same or not. I use Kaspersky. Yes, i added the "The Sims 4" folder in the list. I have 4 GB of RAM but idk how much available at the moment

Lui1698
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 5
Points : 1900
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

Post by SeoY on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 18:29

@Lui1698 wrote:My antivirus call the exception list "exclusion list" i don't know If that's the same or not. I use Kaspersky. Yes, i added the "The Sims 4" folder in the list. I have 4 GB of RAM but idk how much available at the moment

Yes, "exclusion list" should be the same as the "exceptions list". Wink

You could also add the subfolders to that list, namely _Installer, Game, Data and Support. Add the Bin folder inside Game, too. Sometimes the antivirus won't recognize the exception unless you add the subfolders too.

Another thing you could try is re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled temporarily. It may have corrupted the download, causing issues when you try to enter your game again. After you re-download it, re-apply it with the antivirus disabled too. Only when you see that the game is working properly again, turn the antivirus back on.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3761
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

Post by Lui1698 on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:24

@SeoY wrote:
@Lui1698 wrote:My antivirus call the exception list "exclusion list" i don't know If that's the same or not. I use Kaspersky. Yes, i added the "The Sims 4" folder in the list. I have 4 GB of RAM but idk how much available at the moment

Yes, "exclusion list" should be the same as the "exceptions list". Wink

You could also add the subfolders to that list, namely _Installer, Game, Data and Support. Add the Bin folder inside Game, too. Sometimes the antivirus won't recognize the exception unless you add the subfolders too.

Another thing you could try is re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled temporarily. It may have corrupted the download, causing issues when you try to enter your game again. After you re-download it, re-apply it with the antivirus disabled too. Only when you see that the game is working properly again, turn the antivirus back on.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!
Okay. I will try this. Thanks

Lui1698
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 5
Points : 1900
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Crash on CAS on swimwear

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum