Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by chococake on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 22:56

Hi there,

I wonder if this is relevant to the fix or just a problem with my current configuration, I've used your fix before and it was always a direct hit and sollution.

I followed the fix's instructions completely, I patched throug the manual patcher to 1.67 since it didn't feel like fully installing through the launcher for some reason.
Then I just kept following all the steps, I even reinstalled the Sims 3 again, now only with the pets Expansion, resulting in the "all patches" files ending up in the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder.

Now the game starts the video's play, but after the first load (well there is no after) The screen just keeps displaying the fully loaded green bar and a spinning cursor but won't continue.
I had it open for about 15 minutes but no cigar, it seems like it shouldn't take long after finishing anyways.

Has anyone seen this issue before or any idea what I should look into?
I know the basics of software and computers so I'd be fine with some links to issues or whatever.

Kind Regards,

Chococake

chococake
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 760
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 00:53

@chococake wrote:Hi there,

I wonder if this is relevant to the fix or just a problem with my current configuration, I've used your fix before and it was always a direct hit and sollution.

I followed the fix's instructions completely, I patched throug the manual patcher to 1.67 since it didn't feel like fully installing through the launcher for some reason.
Then I just kept following all the steps, I even reinstalled the Sims 3 again, now only with the pets Expansion, resulting in the "all patches" files ending up in the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder.

Now the game starts the video's play, but after the first load (well there is no after) The screen just keeps displaying the fully loaded green bar and a spinning cursor but won't continue.
I had it open for about 15 minutes but no cigar, it seems like it shouldn't take long after finishing anyways.

Has anyone seen this issue before or any idea what I should look into?
I know the basics of software and computers so I'd be fine with some links to issues or whatever.

Kind Regards,

Chococake


Hello chococake and welcome,


The only thing that comes to my mind right now is this here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16587-infinite-neighborhood-loading-screen-possible-fix


Do you have any mods, especially "core mods" installed ? If yes, try taking them out for now. Good luck and keep us posted !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12285
Points : 16215
Reputation : 1700
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by chococake on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 06:19

I believe I tried all that. I guess I could try it again. Its bot the neighbourhood though. I have 0 mods etc. Because for now I'm trying to get it to work.

chococake
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 760
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 11:37

@chococake wrote:I believe I tried all that. I guess I could try it again. Its bot the neighbourhood though. I have 0 mods etc. Because for now I'm trying to get it to work.


Is your computer actually strong enough for the game...? Can you post some system specifications of your computer (CPU, RAM, etc.) ? Also, you may try the tool "GameBooster" to improve your system's performance a bit. See this guide here:

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf



After which you re-try the game. Good luck again.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12285
Points : 16215
Reputation : 1700
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by chococake on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 13:27

i7 quad @ 2.93. 8gb ram. Gtx470 i used to run it on windows 7 now running 8.1.

//EDIT

I had some issues with my windows up untill now, I'm going to try to reinstall the base game + an expansion again like the fix suggests. Root for me.

chococake
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 760
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 23:46

@chococake wrote:i7 quad @ 2.93. 8gb ram. Gtx470 i used to run it on windows 7 now running 8.1.

//EDIT

I had some issues with my windows up untill now, I'm going to try to reinstall the base game + an expansion again like the fix suggests. Root for me.


Yes, un-install the games for now, and then re-boot the computer. After the re-boot, install the games, following this guide here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly



Good luck again and keep us posted !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12285
Points : 16215
Reputation : 1700
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by chococake on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 23:48

Okay this is weird, I installed the gamesoftheworld version of sims 3 which I got from the piratebay, and applied the fix in the same download, which worked. Whenever I used the ultimate fix (after installing pets) my game doesn't continue loading.

//EDIT

I'll try applying that patch again and just use the # crack folder from the fix package.


IT WERKS!,

Thanks for all your effort it seems like running the patch was the key. Thanks again.

chococake
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 760
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 00:49

Glad things worked out! Topic closed?

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...


Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 3999
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck on first loading screen any amount of expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by chococake on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 01:51

Am I able to? Yes it can be closed.



Mod edit: "The Sims Helpers" and "Moderators" (and Admins) can close topics in this sub-forum. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 

- Carlos

chococake
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 760
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum