No mod folder after playing game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No mod folder after playing game?

Post by shellbell2113 on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 00:00

I downloaded the game last night, created a character, built a house and played for a few minutes. I downloaded a bunch of mod package files this morning but when I went to transfer them over to the proper place, there wasn't anything there. This is what my Sims 4 folder looks like.

shellbell2113
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No mod folder after playing game?

Post by SeoY on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 00:23

//MOVED

Hi there! Smile

The Mods folder is located at Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. You are looking in the folder in Program Files. Please, make sure that you look in the one in Documents. Wink

Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 01:08

@shellbell2113 wrote:I downloaded the game last night, created a character, built a house and played for a few minutes. I downloaded a bunch of mod package files this morning but when I went to transfer them over to the proper place, there wasn't anything there. This is what my Sims 4 folder looks like.

In addition, please take note of the following guide on how to properly install custom content in TS4. Smile 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots

Good luck and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lithelight on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:04

This is an issue I've been having as well??? There is no mod folder after starting the game, nor in my documents or in program files. no where. I have looked in every conceivable place I know of. I sthere any way I can just recreate the folder? Like how you can make your own for the Sims 3?
Lithelight
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:35

@Lithelight wrote:This is an issue I've been having as well??? There is no mod folder after starting the game, nor in my documents or in program files. no where. I have looked in every conceivable place I know of. I sthere any way I can just recreate the folder? Like how you can make your own for the Sims 3?

Hi there, @Lithelight!

Would you mind showing us some screenshots of the folder in Documents? The Mods folder should be located at Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and it should be created automatically after loading the game once.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 02:30

@Lithelight wrote:This is an issue I've been having as well??? There is no mod folder after starting the game, nor in my documents or in program files. no where. I have looked in every conceivable place I know of. I sthere any way I can just recreate the folder? Like how you can make your own for the Sims 3?

What @SeoY said before. Look at this screenshot here:

And see if you can find it on your own system. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum