Installation Order? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Order? [SOLVED]

Post by SugaBunnieBear on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 05:12

Hi,

I am going to be installing ALL xpacs and wondering if there is a specific installation order? My computer can handle it just fine as far as the specs go. Just don't want to install them wrong. This is for the Sims3, sorry I think I posted in the wrong section?

//EDIT

Okay, I read this, hope it helps everyone. I am a new member and not allowed to post a link to the original webpage, so I apologize for not giving credit to the original page. Anyways, here you go. This was helpful for me.

Installation Order:

According to Electronic Arts, you no longer need to install The Sims 3 Expansions in a specific order.I would still recommend following the list below just to ensure everything works properly. While we are told it is no longer necessary, we have a game that has a lot of bugs and I personally will not deviate from this order. All need to be put in anyway, so why not install in the order they were released?
During the install process, you will be prompted to patch up between Expansion Packs, which is necessary. Go through the motions, and after the hefty install process is over you can again play The Sims 3!
Install your games in this order, and everything should be fine:
First you'll of course install The Sims 3 Base Game, then install:

The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Generations Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 University Life Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Island Paradise Expansion Pack

The Sims 3 Into the Future Expansion Pack

Installing Stuff Packs
Installing Stuff Packs in any particular order has never been a big issue as they don't make huge modifications to the game as Expansion Packs do.

Installing and Uninstalling Worlds:
Worlds such as those found on the Sims 3 Exchange, and Barnacle Bay, can be installed at any time. They don't modify the gameplay, so they are also easily removed.

Uninstalling The Sims 3 Manually
Normally you can uninstall The Sims 3 and any of the expansion and stuff packs through Control Panel using the program to add/remove programs. However, if the uninstall does not go well, you can uninstall each of the games manually. Below are links to the EA Customer Support site that give specific instructions on how to manually uninstall the games.

Uninstall Sims 3
Uninstall Sims 3: World Adventures
Uninstall Sims 3: Ambitions
Uninstall The Sims 3: Late Night
Uninstall Sims 3: Generations
Uninstall Sims 3: Pets
Uninstall Sims 3: Showtime
Uninstall Sims 3: Supernatural
Uninstall Sims 3: Seasons
Uninstall Sims 3: University Life
Uninstall Sims 3: Island Paradise
Uninstall Sims 3: Into the Future - not yet availalble

You can search EA's support Site from any of the links above if you for some reason need to manually uninstall any of The Sims 3 Stuff Packs - many support articles on other topics are also found there. If I found myself in a situation where I had to follow all these processes, I would probably just reinstall my computer's Operating System rather than go through all the steps you'll find in each of these. It would be much faster. Hopefully, you only need one instruction set.

//MOVED

Helper edit: Question answered, topic closed.
-SeoY

SugaBunnieBear
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum