The ultimate patch broke my game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The ultimate patch broke my game. [SOLVED]

Post by LucyMcGonagall on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 20:19

Hi!

So I downloaded the game from you and it was working perfectly fine, until it struck me that I wanted the pools in it too. So I installed the latest patch, following all of your instructions, and when I tried to start up the game again, something popped up saying that the game could not be opened because important data is missing. Wat.  After that I thought that I don't need the pools anyway, so I uninstalled the game and then installed it again, just the way I did the first time, and now my base game won't work either and the same message would pop up. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Now, I'm not exactly a pro at this, but I've installed your games before. Do you think it has something to do with my anti virus? Help

LucyMcGonagall
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The ultimate patch broke my game. [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 20:39

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Yes, most likely the problem is your antivirus. You should go to the exceptions list of it, and add all of the folders inside Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Those are _Installer, Game, Data, and Support. Also add the Bin folder inside Game to the list.

After that, re-apply the Ultimate Fix. That is, copy the folders inside to that location again.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyMcGonagall on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:15

That worked. Thank you very much. Smile

LucyMcGonagall
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 21:34

LucyMcGonagall wrote:That worked. Thank you very much. Smile

Glad to hear that. You're very welcome. Smile

Problem solved, topic closed. Should you have any other issues, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum