No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by Hanakazari on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 04:06

I open my game, I've been playing a while now, and all of the sudden, my panel wouldn't open. So, I look for a fix, and it suggests that saving the game with a different name and just playing the other game, will help. When I did that, I had no money, no sim image, no actions, and still no panel... Another suggestion suggested I deleted the other game and use the backup instead, not realizing my backup was from days ago, and have lost a lot of data on my original game. But I'm wondering if maybe I could get some help with my other game, I've saved as a different name. 

I have a few mods, but they've never interfered with the game play before.

Let me know if you can help

Hanakazari
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Civilization 4, Kingdom Hearts
Female Posts : 40
Points : 1213
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 06:09

@Hanakazari wrote:I open my game, I've been playing a while now, and all of the sudden, my panel wouldn't open. So, I look for a fix, and it suggests that saving the game with a different name and just playing the other game, will help. When I did that, I had no money, no sim image, no actions, and still no panel... Another suggestion suggested I deleted the other game and use the backup instead, not realizing my backup was from days ago, and have lost a lot of data on my original game. But I'm wondering if maybe I could get some help with my other game, I've saved as a different name. 

I have a few mods, but they've never interfered with the game play before.

Let me know if you can help

Hello Hanakazari,


Since you said your game worked well for a while, I assume you correctly applied the manual patch + Ultimate fix too...

Did you travel with your sim(s) somewhere, before this glitch occurred ? Like, into the future, the university town or into one of the holiday destinations (Shang Simla, Al-Simhara, Champs-les-Sims) ?

Or did you do any other "specific" in-game interaction before this glitch happened ? 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by Hanakazari on Wed 19 Nov 2014, 04:30

I did go to the University. I had just come back, went to sleep in the Dream Pod, had a dream, and saved the game and quit. I had just completed my second degree. 

I've never experienced this problem before.

Hanakazari
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Civilization 4, Kingdom Hearts
Female Posts : 40
Points : 1213
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:38

@Hanakazari wrote:I did go to the University. I had just come back, went to sleep in the Dream Pod, had a dream, and saved the game and quit. I had just completed my second degree. 

I've never experienced this problem before.


Try playing with your backup save, even if you lose some in-game progress. I'm afraid there's nothing much than can be done in your case. Savefile corruption can always happen, sorry. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  


//EDIT

For the future, try saving the game in shorter and more frequent intervals, and also make sure to backup your "Saves"-folder, regularly too (located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:08

Carlos wrote:
@Hanakazari wrote:I did go to the University. I had just come back, went to sleep in the Dream Pod, had a dream, and saved the game and quit. I had just completed my second degree. 

I've never experienced this problem before.


Try playing with your backup save, even if you lose some in-game progress. I'm afraid there's nothing much than can be done in your case. Savefile corruption can always happen, sorry. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  


//EDIT

For the future, try saving the game in shorter and more frequent intervals, and also make sure to backup your "Saves"-folder, regularly too (located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).
What he said. I would also add that you should save with different names each time, so you have several levels of backup and, if anything goes wrong in a moment, you can always recover from the latest "good" backup available.

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...


Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4004
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum