Everyone is having twins!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everyone is having twins!

Post by Water Nixi on Wed 19 Nov 2014, 03:34

I've been playing for a week or so, and so far out of 4 pregnancies (4 different households) 3 were twins and 1 were triplets... I am .. just baffled. Also they are all girls... 

Is this a glitch by any chance, or a huge coincidence?

//EDIT

Ok, 5th pregnancy was a single (though a girl), but the 6th was again twin girls.

Water Nixi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, World of Warcraft, Mabinogi
Female Posts : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everyone is having twins!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:55

@Water Nixi wrote:I've been playing for a week or so, and so far out of 4 pregnancies (4 different households) 3 were twins and 1 were triplets... I am .. just baffled. Also they are all girls... 

Is this a glitch by any chance, or a huge coincidence?

//EDIT

Ok, 5th pregnancy was a single (though a girl), but the 6th was again twin girls.

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Unless you have any mods, this is probably some sort of in-game thing (whether a real glitch or some kind of "speciality" I can't tell though), but then there is this post here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18015-pregnancy-question#126105

@Sephymuffins wrote:As far as we know, there is no specific food, like in previous game/s, that forces a certain gender. Despite this, it has been found out that gender is determined at the moment of conception (WooHoo), so if you are unhappy with the result you'll need to return to a save before the WooHoo took place!

A friend of mine tested a theory I had a while back, and it seems to be accurate (so far).  If you buy a pink crib, you get a girl.  If you buy a blue crib, you get a boy.  We haven't tested the other colors just yet, but this has worked over five times in-game.  It's worth giving a try if you're sick of the game randomly presenting you with a set gender!

Not sure though if that applies to you too. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Water Nixi on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 21:43

Hey Carlos

No, I don't have any mods or any CC -- the color of the crib doesn't seem to affect the gender of the baby(s) either.

I feel like this is a programming thing -- In the Sims 3 having twins and triplets was actually "hard" (you had to have the fertile trait) while in the Sims 4 the mothers act like pez dispenser, popping out multiples like it is no tomorrow, without the fertile trait.
lol I started to just delete the extra children -- I can't deal with so many babies. (I sound so cruel Sad )

Water Nixi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ANDREWjkl on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:12

As far I have been playing, on my only Sim Family, I got first a girl and now a boy.
Maybe your issue is from some type of mod or your game is "glitching".
Try this, move all of your mods from the folder, then see what happens!
And some piece of advice, if you want to force an another gender of your baby, you can send your Sim Female to labor then save game while she's at it, then you exit the game and go back to your last save, with this tip the a new baby will be generated, since the process always  is random.

Ty, and I hoped I helped you!

ANDREWjkl
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Water Nixi on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 05:07

As I said before, I have no mods, and no CC in my game. And it is a G4TW release.

In any case, I am only a bit annoyed by this -- I go on and change the genders/delete the extra children as I see fit.
I just thought I'd chit-chat about the weirdness of it having so many multiples. Very Happy

Water Nixi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:34

@Water Nixi wrote:As I said before, I have no mods, and no CC in my game. And it is a G4TW release.

In any case, I am only a bit annoyed by this -- I go on and change the genders/delete the extra children as I see fit.
I just thought I'd chit-chat about the weirdness of it having so many multiples. Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear about that glitch, but I'm afraid I'm out explanations then. Sad  Maybe someone else has a better idea though. But then, you can view it from a positive standpoint too:

At least you are able to run the game at all; while quite a lot of other people can't seem to even start up the game (because of anti-virus/firewall misconfigurations or similar stuff, lol). Very Happy 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Water Nixi on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:49

Carlos wrote:
@Water Nixi wrote:As I said before, I have no mods, and no CC in my game. And it is a G4TW release.

I'm sorry to hear about that glitch, but I'm afraid I'm out explanations then. Sad  Maybe someone else has a better idea though. But then, you can view it from a positive standpoint too:

At least you are able to run the game at all; while quite a lot of other people can't seem to even start up the game (because of anti-virus/firewall misconfigurations or similar stuff, lol). Very Happy 

Oh I AM viewing it in a positive light. I am in no way angry or disappointed - it is only a minor annoyance. And I don't actually expect anyone to "solve" this "error". I am just talking about it for the sake of talking and seeing if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.  I mean, that's what the chit-chat part of the forum is for, isn't it? lol

Very Happy

Water Nixi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:24

That's right, yes, this section is intended for stuff like that. Smile  While I haven't tested that feature myself yet, I watched my sister playing the game or a while. And she didn't encounter that issue.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

But yes, Sims games tend to have weird glitches of all sorts, that may only show up for a few people.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Water Nixi on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 18:48

Not to jinx it, but pregnancies 7, 8 and 9 ( 3 different households) had been single boys (born in pink cribs, too) -- so this twin-dilemma might have solved itself. LoL

Also, making sure that the neighborhoods stay properly populated with not just random townies is 50/50 fun and annoyance... I miss story progression. lol

Water Nixi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top