Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by cleffa on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:51

Help I have installed the game from Games4theWorld and it was working fine. I managed to play it a few times. 
But after two to three weeks of not being able to play (due to work), I tried playing it again today and the error "rld.dll" appeared.

I wanted to apply the ultimate fix, seeing that it may solve the problem. But when i was trying to figure out how to include the games into the anti-virus exception list, i stumbled across my anti-virus software's monitor and it states that a virus/malware has been detected... Has the laptop really got virus...? As this is my boyfriend's laptop, i am very worried if the game causes any problem for his laptop. Please advise. Thank you so much!


cleffa
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 1443
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:59

@cleffa wrote:Help I have installed the game from Games4theWorld and it was working fine. I managed to play it a few times. 
But after two to three weeks of not being able to play (due to work), I tried playing it again today and the error "rld.dll" appeared.

I wanted to apply the ultimate fix, seeing that it may solve the problem. But when i was trying to figure out how to include the games into the anti-virus exception list, i stumbled across my anti-virus software's monitor and it states that a virus/malware has been detected... Has the laptop really got virus...? As this is my boyfriend's laptop, i am very worried if the game causes any problem for his laptop. Please advise. Thank you so much!



Hello cleffa and welcome,


The crack files are not virusses. Your anti-virus program only freaks out because it was programmed by the company (who created the software) to detect cracked files. And you can bet that those anti-virus companies also get paid by EA/Maxis for "hunting down" crack-files.

Back to topic: please ignore these "warnings" and try re-applying the Ultimate fix. And make sure to add the install location of your Sims 4 game to the "exclusions" of the anti-virus. Good luck.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by cleffa on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 17:12

Hello Carlos, thank you for your prompt reply, as well as the assurance that there is no virus in the laptop.

I have added the file paths into the exclusion list. 
Ran the set up for vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe.
Copied and replaced the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 with the ultimate fix files.
Shut down and restarted the laptop.

But the same error message appears when i try to launch the game.
I even right-clicked on the icon and "run as administrator" but still doesn't work.

What else should I do?  Help

Thank you.


cleffa
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 1443
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:21

@cleffa wrote:Hello Carlos, thank you for your prompt reply, as well as the assurance that there is no virus in the laptop.

I have added the file paths into the exclusion list. 
Ran the set up for vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe.
Copied and replaced the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 with the ultimate fix files.
Shut down and restarted the laptop.

But the same error message appears when i try to launch the game.
I even right-clicked on the icon and "run as administrator" but still doesn't work.

What else should I do?  Help

Thank you.


Hi there! Very Happy

From your screenshot, it seems that you added the install location folders to the "Exclusion List (Files)". Try adding them to the "Exclusion List (Directories)" instead. Make sure that you add the The Sims 4\Game\Bin folder too. After that, copy the folders from the Ultimate Fix again and see how it goes. Good luck!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3763
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by cleffa on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 14:02

Hi SeoY, thank you so much!! THE GAME IS WORKING NOW Very Happy:D:D:D
Indeed it is the anti-virus issue, i just had to include the folders into the exclusion list for the directories.

Thank you once again to Carlos too!
Thank you guys once again!!

cleffa
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 1443
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:04

@cleffa wrote:Hi SeoY, thank you so much!! THE GAME IS WORKING NOW Very Happy:D:D:D
Indeed it is the anti-virus issue, i just had to include the folders into the exclusion list for the directories.

Thank you once again to Carlos too!
Thank you guys once again!!

You're very welcome! Glad that you got the game to work properly. Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729
Points : 3763
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virus detected?? Rld.dll failed to initialize [SOLVED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum