How is this possible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How is this possible

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 13:31

I've been wondering lately, how its possible that so many people are having problems with The Sims 3. People who are using a better/newer pc than mine who have to play the game on its lowest settings or experience frequent game crashes.
My pc only just supports the game. According to system requirements lab, my pc shouldn't support the game at all:

CPU
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

CPU Speed
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 2 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
You Have: 1023.3 MB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: GeForce 7600 GS
PASS

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 746.0 MB
Pixel Shader version 2.0 3.0

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games.
You Have: 149.6 GB
PASS

I am playing the game with all expansions, on medium quality settings, without incidence. I'm playing in windowed mode to get rid of the lag, maybe that was fixed with the latest patch but I've found other benefits to using windowed mode so I'm keeping it that way. I'm also using mods. And I sometimes have messenger on while I'm playing and I'm switching between messenger and my game. It never crashes.
I've always wondered if XP is a much stabler OS or maybe my old pc is like this Hammertime

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How is this possible

Post by Adwomin on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 13:48

Hi there,

Well, first I'd like to say that I guess your PC is just Hammertime for sure.
Though, I think the reason that you can play the game is because your graphic card is average. I don't think changing the game's settings (especially graphics) would affect your CPU very much.

Or the game just likes you and hates people with new, modern PC's. The Sims Plumbob 1

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 15:51

This is my result, runs perfect at the moment when I play it. Only have Sims 3 installed at the moment though.. It's because I need more RAM as I currently only have on board graphics so it's shared memory, even though it doesn't lag what so ever when playing, still do need to upgrade though so I can run 64 bit, I'm not going to bother running 64 bit with just 2GB RAM.

CPU
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
You Have: 3.6 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
You Have: 1.9 GB
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your RAM does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

OS
Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
PASS

Required
You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 787.7 MB
Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.1

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games.
You Have: 405.2 GB

Dale
Developer
Some kind of Einstein
Developer Some kind of Einstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kysan on Mon 29 Aug 2011, 02:47

I got a new laptop that's 64 bit, and its from lenovo, and I use it like a desktop.

CPU
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
You Have: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 5 GHz
PASS

RAM
You Have: 6.0 GB
PASS

OS
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
PASS
Video Card
You Have: AMD Radeon HD 6570M
pass
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 3.7 GB
Pixel Shader version 2.0 5.0

Free Disk Space
You Have: 536.0 GB
PASS

Kysan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Talesrunner; Sims 3; Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Male Posts : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 14:53

My computer just barely plays it & I have no graphics card.

I think your computer plays it even though it shouldn't because a magic PC gremlin got in there somehow & it was a lucky one.

A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : COD Series & Sims 3
Female Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 16:42

Mine always fail Sad Fail hard Sad

Narong Da Saratoga Of 30
     Forum Moderator

Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
®️ Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Narong30
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )
Male Posts : 1392

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Myers on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 23:27

Narong30 wrote:Mine always fail Sad Fail hard Sad

Don't you worry bro, whenever you've got plenty of money you can buy an epic (gaming) computer.
Take Alienware, for instance. Then you'd be the first one in your country with Alienware and you'd be all popular !

Also ->
Yay.

Michael Myers
    Forum Guardian

Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
®️ Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld

Michael Myers
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Every Horror Survival Game
Male Posts : 284

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:18

A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch wrote:My computer just barely plays it & I have no graphics card.

I think your computer plays it even though it shouldn't because a magic PC gremlin got in there somehow & it was a lucky one.

Lol the Mr magic gnome of overachieving pc's.

I'm starting to carefully look into building a new pc (or rather, picking out the parts and having my father help me build it Very Happy). I'll have to if I want to play the new Elder Scrolls at all, but its been 4,5 years since I added the latest new piece of hardware. Which was my graphicscard. So I'm not replacing anything, this pc is going to remain "as is" and we're building a new one from scratch. But I'm seriously overwhelmed by new CPU's and what to use, what not to, compatibility issues, etc. it has, after all, been quite some time since I even looked at hardware. Last time I picked out a new CPU, there was no such thing as dual core lol. I'll probably get serious about it within the next 6 months, so I'll start asking lots of questions by that time.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112