I installed The Sims 3: Generations and/or Town Life Stuff and/or Pets, but it keeps asking "Please insert CD/DVD" fix. *UPDATED 26-10-2011*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I installed The Sims 3: Generations and/or Town Life Stuff and/or Pets, but it keeps asking "Please insert CD/DVD" fix. *UPDATED 26-10-2011*

Post by Adwomin on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 14:42

Hello,

You get this error because you copied the crack to the wrong folder. What you need to do at this point is as following:

1. Be sure that you downloaded and applied this Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (READ THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY!)
2. When you get to the part where you have to apply the files from the "# Crack" folder, be sure that you copy them to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin INSTEAD of the expansions' game directory.

I think these screenshots should clear up:

CORRECT FOLDER TO PUT THE CRACK IN!

WRONG FOLDER TO PUT THE CRACK IN!

[b]DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC, BUT OPEN A NEW TOPIC FOR IT IN THE CORRECT SECTION! ALL COMMENTS POSTED ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS HERE WILL BE DELETED!

Last edited by Admin on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 13:07; edited 3 times in total

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: I installed The Sims 3: Generations and/or Town Life Stuff and/or Pets, but it keeps asking "Please insert CD/DVD" fix. *UPDATED 26-10-2011*

Post by Nenad on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 18:55

When i install all of expansion,i must put crack (Pets) into Sims 3 base game..????
Nenad
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : CS 1.6 ; The Sims 3 all expansions ; World of Tanks
Male Posts : 37

View user profile http://www.coolermaster-clarion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I installed The Sims 3: Generations and/or Town Life Stuff and/or Pets, but it keeps asking "Please insert CD/DVD" fix. *UPDATED 26-10-2011*

Post by Adwomin on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 16:23

@Nenad wrote:When i install all of expansion,i must put crack (Pets) into Sims 3 base game..????
Hello,

Yes, that's correct.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by castielevans on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 01:52

For future reference if you downloaded sims 3 from origins, you have to put the final crack under computer/programfiles/orgin games/sims 3/game/bin

castielevans
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by .tif on Mon 15 May 2017, 19:42

I put the into the future crack into the correct folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) and get the prompt Please insert CD/DVD when I start the game. This has never happened before with previous expansion cracks I've installed.

.tif
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : tba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum