Sims 4 - The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 - The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104) [SOLVED]

Post by Landuros on Wed 26 Nov 2014, 05:13

Hello,

I've recently installed the Sims 4 pre-cracked game on my computer. However, when I try to run it, a box appears giving me the error message: The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104). It is really annoying -.-

If anyone could help me that would be GREAT. I have NOT installed the ultimate fix yet. I don't know where to get it from, so if anyone could post the link that'll be good.

Also, in the .zip file I got for The Sims 4, there are several other setup(1,2,3,4...) .zip files. Do I need to do anything with them? Also, what is the vcredist_x64/vcredist_x86 for? I've heard of it as solutions, but I cannot find the "instructions", if it has anything to do with this at all.

Apologies to the barrage of questions, this process is new to me.

Thanks Very Happy ,
Landuros

Last edited by Landuros on Wed 03 Dec 2014, 04:04; edited 1 time in total

Landuros
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Minecraft, Pokemon, Simulation
Male Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 - The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104) [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Wed 26 Nov 2014, 06:25

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

You can find the Ultimate Fix in this link here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

It has a guide included, that will describe what you need to do. The vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe must be installed, but that is also explained in the guide. 

No, there's no need to do anything with all the Setup#.cab files in the RAR for The Sims 4. You only need to double click The_Sims_4_Setup.exe for the installation (that I assume you already did).

And don't worry about the questions! That's what we're here for! Wink

If you have any other inquires, be sure to post them here. And please let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 - The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104) [SOLVED]

Post by Landuros on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 04:38

Hi SeoY,

That sounds like a great solution... BUT! Norton Security keeps on interfering, blocking what it knows that file as an 'attack'. It keeps removing the RldOrigin file. I've put it as an exception, but still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Landuros

Landuros
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 08:37

@Landuros wrote:Hi SeoY,

That sounds like a great solution... BUT! Norton Security keeps on interfering, blocking what it knows that file as an 'attack'. It keeps removing the RldOrigin file. I've put it as an exception, but still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Landuros

If you put it as an exception and Norton is still removing it, then your antivirus is the problem. You'll have to experiment a little with it and see if you can prevent it from interfering, or the game will never work. 

Try adding every folder from that file's path to the exceptions list and copy the Ultimate Fix again. You could also try disabling it temporarily, or if nothing works you may want to uninstall it and get a (better) antivirus. But that's your call, of course. Wink

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Landuros on Sat 29 Nov 2014, 04:29

Hi SeoY,

Thanks! This really helped & worked! Amazing help, (not to mention quick responses). It's a welcoming place! Again, thanks for your help!

Just a tiny little other thing. Perhaps it should be in another topic, but... I'm thinking of making a youtube video that shows how to get Sims 4 for free, to hopefully expand your network of games4theworld downloads. Would it be possible if I used this website/download for the video?

Thanks,
Landuros

Landuros
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 29 Nov 2014, 05:25

@Landuros wrote:Hi SeoY,

Thanks! This really helped & worked! Amazing help, (not to mention quick responses). It's a welcoming place! Again, thanks for your help!

Just a tiny little other thing. Perhaps it should be in another topic, but... I'm thinking of making a youtube video that shows how to get Sims 4 for free, to hopefully expand your network of games4theworld downloads. Would it be possible if I used this website/download for the video?

Thanks,
Landuros
Hi there,

Alternatively try adding all the cracked files to the exceptions list separately. (E.g. the "RLD.dll", "RldOrigin.dll", "TS4.exe", etc.)

As for the YouTube question: of course, no problem at all! Smile

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Landuros on Wed 03 Dec 2014, 04:03

In that case...

Problem Solved, Topic Closed.

Landuros
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

View user profile