setup1,2,3,header corrupt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

setup1,2,3,header corrupt

Post by Kendall Jenner on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 18:20

Hi, 
    Im having trouble installing the game because when I go to move then content of winrar file sims 4 it says setup 1 2 and 3 corrupt along with the header, so it cannot extract them, any help? thanks.

edit: all I have done so far is torrentedd the file from the website, am I also supposed to download the fix or do I do that after?

//EDIT

bump

Kendall Jenner
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: setup1,2,3,header corrupt

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:31

@Kendall Jenner wrote:Hi, 
    Im having trouble installing the game because when I go to move then content of winrar file sims 4 it says setup 1 2 and 3 corrupt along with the header, so it cannot extract them, any help? thanks.

edit: all I have done so far is torrentedd the file from the website, am I also supposed to download the fix or do I do that after?

//EDIT

bump

Hello Kendall and welcome,

You must create an empty folder first and THEN you must extract ALL contents inside the .RAR file, into the empty folder you just created. Inside WinRAR, you can very easily MARK all the contents with your mouse (as if you're marking a text), and then you can drag & drop the marked contents out into the empty folder.

Then close WinRAR and go to that folder you extracted the stuff to. Inside the folder, run the setup.exe again. Good luck !

P.S. don't bump please, this is extremely impolite and only means more work for me (since I need to merge your posts into one).
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall Jenner on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 00:34

Carlos wrote:
@Kendall Jenner wrote:Hi, 

//EDIT

bump

Hello Kendall and welcome,

You must create an empty folder first and THEN you must extract ALL contents inside the .RAR file, into the empty folder you just created. Inside WinRAR, you can very easily MARK all the contents with your mouse (as if you're marking a text), and then you can drag & drop the marked contents out into the empty folder.

Then close WinRAR and go to that folder you extracted the stuff to. Inside the folder, run the setup.exe again. Good luck !

P.S. don't bump please, this is extremely impolite and only means more work for me (since I need to merge your posts into one).

yeah sorry, anyway, i do that and it says thee setups 1 2 and 3 are corrupt, any ideas?.. also if you  read my post, i actually did specify i was moving the contents of the winrar file.. And no offense, but you're copy and pasting the same text you put in other threads you didnt even realise that i already specified i was moving the winrar content.

Kendall Jenner
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 00:43

@Kendall Jenner wrote:yeah sorry, anyway, i do that and it says thee setups 1 2 and 3 are corrupt, any ideas?.. also if you  read my post, i actually did specify i was moving the contents of the winrar file..

Now slow down, people always "specify" lots of things, every day, but from my experience that usually doesn't say anything. But thanks for clarifying that, I just wanted to rule out any errors during extraction.

That said, are you sure the download in the torrent client finished 100% ? Because other than that, there isn't much else to suggest.

Try re-downloading the torrent, maybe even with a different torrent client.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall Jenner on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 00:50

Carlos wrote:
@Kendall Jenner wrote:yeah sorry, anyway, i do that and it says thee setups 1 2 and 3 are corrupt, any ideas?.. also if you  read my post, i actually did specify i was moving the contents of the winrar file..

Now slow down, people always "specify" lots of things, every day, but from my experience that usually doesn't say anything. But thanks for clarifying that, I just wanted to rule out any errors during extraction.

That said, are you sure the download in the torrent client finished 100% ? Because other than that, there isn't much else to suggest.

Try re-downloading the torrent, maybe even with a different torrent client.
Alright thanks, I wish it didnt have to come to that and yeah I cancelled the "connecting to peers" bit though

OH ****, I  MUST BE THE MOST RETARDED PERSON EVER, it was stil downloading fml 83% gg
extremely sorry for being a dick and thanks for telling me to check if it finished 100% xdddddddddddddd

Kendall Jenner
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 00:55

@Kendall Jenner wrote:Alright thanks, I wish it didnt have to come to that and yeah I cancelled the "connecting to peers" bit though

Are you using uTorrent, and if yes, is the torrent of The Sims 4 STILL in your list, inside uTorrent ? Usually, after the download, the torrent will be seeded, and it will still be in uTorrent "seeding", until you remove the torrent.

If The Sims 4 is still there, right-click on it and select STOP. And then right-click again on it and choose "Force re-check". This can now take a while, but when it's done, try re-extracting the contents again (with WinRAR).

I'm guessing that this option with "STOP" and then "Force re-check" is also present in other torrent clients, but I only know for sure about uTorrent (since that's the one I'm using).

Good luck, and sorry I can't give you an easier solution. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

P.S. what version of WinRAR are you using ? Is it the 4.20 version from G4TW ? Theoretically, if your WinRAR happened to be a (really) old version, there could also be issues...so if it's really an older version, try getting a newer one. Get WinRAR 4.20 from G4TW, here (install instructions are included):

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum