Methods of cracking updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Methods of cracking updates

Post by AlKabeer on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 13:20

I'm not sure if this is a proper question, but what method is used to crack updates?
Sorry if it is inappropriate
AlKabeer
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims series, Call of Duty, ArmA, BF, Dead Space, Farcry 2 and 3, Watch_Dogs, Red Alert 3, Generals Zero Hour, and a Der Untergang game if it was ever made, and off course, Dragon Age series (minus DA 2), Borderlands 2 and TPS, 7 days to die, Payday 2, Team Fortress 2, Half-life 2 Episode 3 (if it wa
Male Posts : 64
Location : In the Borderlands, in the reign of the Lion, Orlais

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Methods of cracking updates

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 18:21

@AlKabeer wrote:I'm not sure if this is a proper question, but what method is used to crack updates?
Sorry if it is inappropriate

//MOVED

Hello,

If you mean to ask how I/we extracted the game updates, then here's how:

At first I de-activated automatic updates in Origin. Then, BEFORE updating the game, I copy the folder "The Sims 4" (C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games) into another location. This is really important.

And after the copying, I update the game. Now, in my program files location, I have a fully updated Sims 4 folder. But, I also have the previous version of the folder (because I copied it before the update, remember ?).

I then used WinMerge to compare the contents of the two folders (old vs. new "The Sims 4"-folder), and so I could find out which files exactly have been updated. 

I did propose to the Admins and fellow Mods to use these files that we created "ourselves". At one point, we were also doing research on the crack from RELOADED, so that we may be able to release our own crack, in the future. 

We will continue working on this though !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum