If I have The Sims 3 on origin can I download expansions for it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If I have The Sims 3 on origin can I download expansions for it

Post by lovelymelody on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 07:52

OK, I did a good search of my house the other day and found The Sims 3 base game, World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions and Pets. Cool! Well, the bad news is I didn't find my Generations or Seasons.

When you own the game in real life and put the code in Origin it gives you a digital version for free so naturally I punched in every single serial code and downloaded them right away. Now, I'm wondering if I were to download a games4theworld torrent of either (or both) games, would I be able to get it to run with my games on Origin? If there's a whole topic I've missed about this subject could you please link it to me? I did try to use the search function but there were a lot of posts that had specific things in them that didn't really apply to me or it didn't address my question.

lovelymelody
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If I have The Sims 3 on origin can I download expansions for it

Post by SeoY on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 15:59

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Yes, you can install Expansion Packs downloaded from here normally even if you have the base game in Origin. Take a look at this guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

As you already have the base game, you would start from the Step 2 onwards. Everything is the same, except that in the Step 5 you need to follow the part in parenthesis instead (the one that mentions Origin, and the Origin Games folder). Apart from that, it's the same thing.

So, please try it and if you encounter any issues be sure to let us know. Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum