Sims 3 Launcher ((Critical System Faliure)) when installing Sims 3 Packs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher ((Critical System Faliure)) when installing Sims 3 Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by AlKabeer on Fri 12 Dec 2014, 07:31

Hello.
A while ago I used to play Sims 3 on an old laptop before i bought my gaming PC. Because the laptop was old, the disk space wasn't that big, so I used to delete every single .sims3pack after installing it. I backed up the Sims 3 folder in My Documents\Electronic Arts, and then pasted it on the corresponding folder (in documents\electronic arts\). The store content just doesn't work. I tried reinstalling, nothing happens, deleting the DCCache folder then pasting it again from the old back up, doesn't work. I tried installing a sims3pack I downloaded it to test, the launcher tells me: ((Critical System Failure)). So what can I do?

Thanks for listening.
AlKabeer
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims series, Call of Duty, ArmA, BF, Dead Space, Farcry 2 and 3, Watch_Dogs, Red Alert 3, Generals Zero Hour, and a Der Untergang game if it was ever made, and off course, Dragon Age series (minus DA 2), Borderlands 2 and TPS, 7 days to die, Payday 2, Team Fortress 2, Half-life 2 Episode 3 (if it wa
Male Posts : 64
Location : In the Borderlands, in the reign of the Lion, Orlais

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Launcher ((Critical System Faliure)) when installing Sims 3 Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Dec 2014, 21:26

AlKabeer wrote:Hello.
A while ago I used to play Sims 3 on an old laptop before i bought my gaming PC. Because the laptop was old, the disk space wasn't that big, so I used to delete every single .sims3pack after installing it. I backed up the Sims 3 folder in My Documents\Electronic Arts, and then pasted it on the corresponding folder (in documents\electronic arts\). The store content just doesn't work. I tried reinstalling, nothing happens, deleting the DCCache folder then pasting it again from the old back up, doesn't work. I tried installing a sims3pack I downloaded it to test, the launcher tells me: ((Critical System Failure)). So what can I do?

Thanks for listening.

//MOVED

Hello,

Try this: rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Then start Sims 3, but EXIT it again, when you get to the main menu. 

After that, go back to the location and you'll see a new folder "The Sims 3". Go to your OLD folder and copy the following stuff:

- DCCache
- Installed Worlds
- Worlds
- Saves

And you paste that into the freshly-created "The Sims 3"-folder. I would then also start the LAUNCHER (!) of Sims 3, and see if the game download this "store content patch". You should get a prompt about that, which you should confirm.

As soon as that is installed, try starting the game again. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Launcher ((Critical System Faliure)) when installing Sims 3 Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by AlKabeer on Fri 12 Dec 2014, 21:35

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for replying, but I tried this now and unfortunately it doesn't work. I will try re-installing the latest patch again (it is already installed) and see what happens.
Thanks for cooperation
(Please don't mark this as answered, and please if you have any other solutions please tell me.)
Thanks again.

Wanted to add: It didn't ask for content update.

--------------------------------------------------------edit
I got it working. It was just faulty registry error, thanks for helping
Feel free to lock the thread now.
AlKabeer
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims series, Call of Duty, ArmA, BF, Dead Space, Farcry 2 and 3, Watch_Dogs, Red Alert 3, Generals Zero Hour, and a Der Untergang game if it was ever made, and off course, Dragon Age series (minus DA 2), Borderlands 2 and TPS, 7 days to die, Payday 2, Team Fortress 2, Half-life 2 Episode 3 (if it wa
Male Posts : 64
Location : In the Borderlands, in the reign of the Lion, Orlais

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 13 Dec 2014, 20:21

Hi there,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Enjoy playing the game and please let us know if you need help again. Wink The Sims Plumbob 1

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum