Simcity 2000 FREE on Origin! Come watch my video!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simcity 2000 FREE on Origin! Come watch my video!

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 00:56

Simcity 2000 is FREE right now!!! Did you know???
Watch my video on YouTube and get the link on its description!






Last edited by SvenT on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 05:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced "defective" video's link with the good one I just uploaded to YouTube, enjoy!)

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851
Points : 4320
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Simcity 2000 FREE on Origin! Come watch my video!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 23:37

SvenT wrote:
Simcity 2000 is FREE right now!!! Did you know???
Watch my video on YouTube and get the link on its description!






//MOVED


Hello again Sven,

Thank you very much for playtesting the game, and making a video of it. Smile  I watched it until the end. It gives a good first impression into how this game looks and "feels" like.


And yes, this in-game glitch (in your video around 15:50) where the game freezes up totally is just embarassing. It's nice that ancient PC games like that are given away for free, but they (Maxis) should at least make an effort to ensure that these games actually run on modern Windows OSes. I still need to test that myself, though.








Yes, that's when it freezes, and it seemed to stay like that until the end. At first I thought something was wrong on my end, but then I realized what you meant with "epic fail" in your video title.  Shocked

I actually got the game in Origin a week ago already I think, but I haven't downloaded and installed it yet. 


Thanks again for your effort ! Very Happy

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458
Points : 19184
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Simcity 2000 FREE on Origin! Come watch my video!

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 01:08

Thanks for letting me know, that was NOT the point, the Epic Fail was due non population even after doing some stuff around, I need to check what happened when I produced the video, so I can fix it.

Video looks OK on Premiere Pro, but the rendered file doesn't! Really crazy! I hope the video comes right this time around, I will let you know when the new version is posted. I also made two other videos that I will post: a second fail and a third that finally got people and industries moving in...

I wish you a great weekend! I will keep you posted!


Tea 4 Tea 4

//EDIT

I just found what was wrong, Adobe Premiere Pro can't handle variable frame rate video files. When we record a video using DXtory, for example, and it "drop frames", Adobe will ignore there are frames missing and will use the "next in line" as if the original file was perfect...

There is a nice little program called HandBrake that I just found out that fixes that and should be used before importing gaming "raw" video to Premiere. I believe it will fix future audio syncs as well, I will keep you posted.

Again, thanks a lot for noticing, since I usually check everything on Premiere Pro preview, but never on the final mp4 file, I didn't see what happened...

I will change the video on the main post right now.

Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1


Last edited by SvenT on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 05:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just found the problem with my video...)

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851
Points : 4320
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Simcity 2000 FREE on Origin! Come watch my video!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 22:12

SvenT wrote:Thanks for letting me know, that was NOT the point, the Epic Fail was due non population even after doing some stuff around, I need to check what happened when I produced the video, so I can fix it.

Video looks OK on Premiere Pro, but the rendered file doesn't! Really crazy! I hope the video comes right this time around, I will let you know when the new version is posted. I also made two other videos that I will post: a second fail and a third that finally got people and industries moving in...

I wish you a great weekend! I will keep you posted!


Tea 4 Tea 4

//EDIT

I just found what was wrong, Adobe Premiere Pro can't handle variable frame rate video files. When we record a video using DXtory, for example, and it "drop frames", Adobe will ignore there are frames missing and will use the "next in line" as if the original file was perfect...

There is a nice little program called HandBrake that I just found out that fixes that and should be used before importing gaming "raw" video to Premiere. I believe it will fix future audio syncs as well, I will keep you posted.

Again, thanks a lot for noticing, since I usually check everything on Premiere Pro preview, but never on the final mp4 file, I didn't see what happened...

I will change the video on the main post right now.

Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1


Ah, OK, OK. Smile  Thanks for clearing that up, and your efforts again ! 


P.S. I find it a shame that a program like Adobe Premiere Pro cannot do that...

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458
Points : 19184
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Simcity 2000 FREE on Origin! Come watch my video!

Post by Sim Architect on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 07:56

Carlos wrote:


Ah, OK, OK. Smile  Thanks for clearing that up, and your efforts again ! 


P.S. I find it a shame that a program like Adobe Premiere Pro cannot do that...
Yes, it is really annoying, but those crazy "professional guys" say that if you are "professional" you should use "professional quality" cameras and hardware... Oh my! They are so short sighted with their own praise that they can't see people might edit videos that come from other sources as machinima...

I tried Sony Vegas but I really hated it, so I am staying with premiere pro, and using Handbrake software (which is free) to fix the video to a constant frame-rate...

Anyway, we're always learning, I wish I could get real audience and profits from my channel, maybe my content is still too lousy... santa

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851
Points : 4320
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum