I need movie player that supports 10 second rewind. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need movie player that supports 10 second rewind. [SOLVED]

Post by adsuperjenius on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 06:42

hi. My listening english ability is poor.so to improve it,I want start learn by watching english movie without subtitle

I want everytime I rewrind,it goes back about 5 or 10 second. so whenever I cant hear what the speaker say, I do rewrind until I hear it

I currently have many movie player. wmp,vlc,zoom,k lite, etc. all of them,whenever I click rewerind button, it goes back to the beggining of the film. so annoying

sorrry my computer knowledge is bad. I dont know what I need is new software,or new plugins,or new settings

thanks for your help !

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : FIFA socer manager 96/97 , fifa world cup 1998
Male Posts : 224

View user profile http://games4theworld.org       lol,I lie!:D

Back to top Go down

Re: I need movie player that supports 10 second rewind. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:53

@adsuperjenius wrote:hi. My listening english ability is poor.so to improve it,I want start learn by watching english movie without subtitle

I want everytime I rewrind,it goes back about 5 or 10 second. so whenever I cant hear what the speaker say, I do rewrind until I hear it

I currently have many movie player. wmp,vlc,zoom,k lite, etc. all of them,whenever I click rewerind button, it goes back to the beggining of the film. so annoying

sorrry my computer knowledge is bad. I dont know what I need is new software,or new plugins,or new settings

thanks for your help !

Hello,

In VLC Media Player you can use a Hotkey command, to skip backward, either 3 seconds back or 10 seconds back, per hotkey entry.

Go to "Tools" and select "Preferences". Alternatively, press CTRL + P.

Then go to "Hotkeys" and look up on these options I marked with red arrows. 

"Very short backwards jump" rewinds 3 seconds each time you press the combination (in my case SHIFT + LEFT ARROW KEY). "Short backwards jump" rewinds 10 seconds back (ALT + LEFT ARROW KEY). You can also double-click on the options (short backwards jump, etc.) and set a new key. Just set one key on your keyboard for the option, and you should be fine.

Good luck !

P.S. I'm sure the other Media Players have similar options, but I used VLC as an example, since that's the one I am using myself, mostly.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:26

thanks friend.

I want ask about vlc .is that ok I ask here too?If its not,you may close my thread and I will cut this question to new thread

I used to increase volume to 400% when I firs time I use vlc. long time I not use vlc ,now seems the maximum volume is just 200%. do I accidentaly do some setting wrong or vlc cant support 400% anymore?

second question.in case I repeat many time and I still cant hear,its better for me to se the sub. is there any way to create hotkey to made subtitle appear? On subitle hotkey list I cant find turn off and turn on sub there.

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 21:11

@adsuperjenius wrote:thanks friend.

I want ask about vlc .is that ok I ask here too?If its not,you may close my thread and I will cut this question to new thread

I used to increase volume to 400% when I firs time I use vlc. long time I not use vlc ,now seems the maximum volume is just 200%. do I accidentaly do some setting wrong or vlc cant support 400% anymore?

second question.in case I repeat many time and I still cant hear,its better for me to se the sub. is there any way to create hotkey to made subtitle appear? On subitle hotkey list I cant find turn off and turn on sub there.

Sorry, I don't know about your volume issues. But what I do know is that if your listening skills are bad, then you can set the volume to 1000%, and it wouldn't make a difference - sorry if that comes across as harsh. Smile  But the fact of the matter is that you must get "used" to listening to English, and this doesn't happen overnight.

I studied English at university, so yes, I know what I'm talking about. It will definitely take you a while to get used to this stuff, even more, since you are basically learning it on your own, without professional instruction. Because of that, you must have some degree of talent to teach "yourself" stuff.

A good source to start with is this here, which has texts as well as audio samples of those texts:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/general/

But there are tons of other sources too. Just navigate around the site, and see if anything suits you there. About your subtitles, look here:

There you can turn off subtitles, but it depends on the movie too. In some movies, the subtitles are in extra files (.srt file format I think), and you must "add" them via this option. In other movies though, you cannot turn off subtitles...

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 01:36

thanks for your reply. My listening is not bad. I just got curious about that volume feature.most of the time I decrease my notebook speaker volume so I can play volume with vlc throught scrolling my mouse.when I have 400%, I have wider option then 200%

about subtitle, I know I can disable it by right click or by click sub on top. I just ask if there any hotkey for this. thanks Smile

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 18:46

@adsuperjenius wrote:thanks for your reply. My listening is not bad. I just got curious about that volume feature.most of the time I decrease my notebook speaker volume so I can play volume with vlc throught scrolling my mouse.when I have 400%, I have wider option then 200%

about subtitle, I know I can disable it by right click or by click sub on top. I just ask if there any hotkey for this. thanks Smile

OK then. Can I close the thread or do you have any other question about this topic ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 17:04

just answer last question pls,is there any hotkey for disable and enable subtitle..thanks

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 18:31

@adsuperjenius wrote:just answer last question pls,is there any hotkey for disable and enable subtitle..thanks

Try pressing the V-key on your keyboard to toggle subtitles on/off. That should be the default key, at least it is for me.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 19:11

ok thanks.you may close this thread

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 21:53

Hi,

200% is indeed the maximum now.
For best audio quality, first max your laptop volume and then "boost" VLC if necessary.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum