Sims 3 Insert disk 1 Errors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Insert disk 1 Errors

Post by Necromancer on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 22:32

Hi, I am having a problem downloading the sims 3. I downloaded the base game, high end, outdoors, ambitions, diesel, master suite, fastlane, town life and generations without applying cracks...everything went well, but now, I cannot download late night or any other expansion without it asking to insert disk 1. I do not know why this happened; does it mean a file has an error?  It says insert disk 1 with cache\...etc every time I try to install something new and then says, error downloading when I try to install the last 2 packs, into the future and island paradise. Please help!
Necromancer
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 Complete
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Insert disk 1 Errors

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:10

Necromancer wrote:Hi, I am having a problem downloading the sims 3. I downloaded the base game, high end, outdoors, ambitions, diesel, master suite, fastlane, town life and generations without applying cracks...everything went well, but now, I cannot download late night or any other expansion without it asking to insert disk 1. I do not know why this happened; does it mean a file has an error?  It says insert disk 1 with cache\...etc every time I try to install something new and then says, error downloading when I try to install the last 2 packs, into the future and island paradise. Please help!

Hello Necromancer,

You must make an empty folder, for each expansion you want to install. Extract ALL the contents of the .RAR, into the empty folder. Again, ALL the contents of the .RAR. You most likely made a mistake when extracting the stuff.

And then, after the extraction, go to the folder with the extracted contents and re-start the installation from there. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by W1NKINGL1ZARD on Sun 04 Jan 2015, 08:38

Im having the same problem. Can you please put this in stupid people terms?

W1NKINGL1ZARD
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 14:22

W1NKINGL1ZARD wrote:Im having the same problem. Can you please put this in stupid people terms?

Basically, when you open a .RAR file with the program "WinRAR", you will see the contents of said .RAR file, in the main program interface of WinRAR. You can then simply mark the contents inside that window with your mouse (as if you were marking a text with your mouse too), and then drag + drop (with your mouse) the marked files out somewhere, preferably into an empty folder.

Hope this helps !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum