The sims 3 into future freezes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 into future freezes

Post by irishwill2008 on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 19:58

Hey there,
I hope this is the correct section to post this but i am having trouble playing the sims 3 into the future. When i go into build mode it just froze and even when i dont go in build mode it just randomly freezes and i have to restart game/laptop and try again. I did these steps: Delete everything DCBACKUP apart from the ccmerged file. I blocked access to the featureditems folder and i dont take screenshots so theres never anything in my screenshot folder.
I created this file to delete these files as someone before hand told me to delete these everytime before i start the sims?
@echo off
del "C:\Users\orla\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "C:\Users\orla\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "C:\Users\orla\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\orla\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\orla\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 Into The Future\Game\Bin" Sims3Launcher.exe
Now i havnt used this file in a while now incase its the issue but please help!
My pc specs: 

Please help! Really appreciate it. Cheers.

Helper edit: Fixed image.
-SeoY

irishwill2008
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 3 into future freezes

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 03 Jan 2015, 13:00

Hi! Do you have Custom Content installed? Please, try renaming your "The Sims 3" folder inside of Documents, and play the game to see if you still face the same issue.

Let's know how it turned out, and welcome to the Forum!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by irishwill2008 on Thu 08 Jan 2015, 22:57

SvenT wrote:Hi! Do you have Custom Content installed? Please, try renaming your "The Sims 3" folder inside of Documents, and play the game to see if you still face the same issue.

Let's know how it turned out, and welcome to the Forum!
Hello there,
Thank you very much for your reply!
I dont think i have custom content, is custom content when you buy things off the sims marketplace? If so yeah, i buy things off the sims marketplace:)
I renamed the folder and will try this now.
Thank you! Will post update with result. 
Cheers.

//EDIT

Update:
Ok, first so far is this: When i turn the game on (into the future) it says the following:
Warning Unrecognized Video card
Your video card was not found in our database.
Your graphics settings are set as high as possible, but you may reduce if any performance issues.
Never received this message before.
Heres pic of my graphics card:

Does this effect the game which is why its freezing? I will now play the game and see but i never got that message before so i dont know now:s
Thanks though!

Helper edit: Fixed image.
-SeoY

irishwill2008
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 02:44

@irishwill2008 wrote:Update:
Ok, first so far is this: When i turn the game on (into the future) it says the following:
Warning Unrecognized Video card
Your video card was not found in our database.
Your graphics settings are set as high as possible, but you may reduce if any performance issues.
Never received this message before.
Heres pic of my graphics card: prntscr(dot)com/5q40pd
Does this effect the game which is why its freezing? I will now play the game and see but i never got that message before so i dont know now:s
Thanks though!
Hi! Sorry for my delay, I am not very responsive for the past week (and I won't be much for the next couple of weeks, sorry, personal stuff).

When I rename The Sims 3 I face the same issue with my NVidia Geforce GTX 770, because is't a new video card and the game doesn't have its info into its database, but the game runs normal and you should only get this "error" once, when the game is creating a new "Sims 3" Folder...

Did you try playing with the game after that? Store content can be considered as a "Custom Content" in the sense that you are adding new "content files" to the game (stuff that's not included with the game or expansions by default). Please try to see if the game runs well with the new folder, and if so, we will look into running a tool called "CC Magic" to check up for conflicts (when you rename your "old" folder back to normal and we try to fix it, which will only happen if the game runs fine with the "empty" Sims 3 folder...).

Your machine seems to be good (can't see the graphics card you have, by the way, but new Alienware machines with specs like the ones described in your post tend to have more than enough for what you need here)...

Please, let us know how things are going and accept my apologies for my delay...

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by irishwill2008 on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 22:28

Thank you very much for your reply and dont worry about long time, this is the best help i got for the years i had this issue xD I just kept it going but now i think its time to find out why this is happening cause since i bought this brand new top of the range alienware to play sims. It doesnt seem to be playing right since it freezes.
As for did it work? 
In all fairness. It did seem to run perfectly and it was working great and i installed the items i bought to see if it was working. but then it froze again sadly when i was in build mode ( I notice, it usually freezes whenever im in build mode )
Any idea why this is?
Again, i appreciate all this help! Smile

irishwill2008
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:19

@irishwill2008 wrote:Thank you very much for your reply and dont worry about long time, this is the best help i got for the years i had this issue xD I just kept it going but now i think its time to find out why this is happening cause since i bought this brand new top of the range alienware to play sims. It doesnt seem to be playing right since it freezes.
As for did it work? 
In all fairness. It did seem to run perfectly and it was working great and i installed the items i bought to see if it was working. but then it froze again sadly when i was in build mode ( I notice, it usually freezes whenever im in build mode )
Any idea why this is?
Again, i appreciate all this help! Smile
Thanks! Try running CC Magic (if you google you will find it, can't post its link here, sorry) to see if you got conflicts. Also, you might try the store fixes that you find on http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html and see if your game stops crashing.

For what you say, it seems that the stuff you got from the store is guilty of your issues, I believe we'll figure out some kind of solution, even if you have to "re download" a pirate/decrapified version of the same stuff...

Please let us know what you got after trying my suggestions.

Tea 4 Tea 4

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by irishwill2008 on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 21:16

Thank you for your reply yet again!Smile
I will try the cc magic now, as for the store fix that actually makes real sense thinking bout it so thanks for the solution for that appreciate it!Smile Now, for the store fix... Do i need to copy these files to the overrides and packages folder in my mods folder or? As i dont know if im using .Sims3Pack files or package files? I dont even no what that means haha xD If this was to do with computers i would be a genius but sadly i dont no much about this:/ So im sorry in advance for being a noob with all this:s Buy thanks again! I will try the ccmagic:)

//EDIT

Update:
Lol sorry for being such a noob at this, i looked online and tuts for using this cc magic and i cant seem to figure out how im meant to determine the conflicts?

irishwill2008
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 21:35

@irishwill2008 wrote:Thank you for your reply yet again!Smile
I will try the cc magic now, as for the store fix that actually makes real sense thinking bout it so thanks for the solution for that appreciate it!Smile Now, for the store fix... Do i need to copy these files to the overrides and packages folder in my mods folder or? As i dont know if im using .Sims3Pack files or package files? I dont even no what that means haha xD If this was to do with computers i would be a genius but sadly i dont no much about this:/ So im sorry in advance for being a noob with all this:s Buy thanks again! I will try the ccmagic:)
Nice to hear you're finding your way! About the "option", you should as as with "I have both types", so your game will be ready for any situation, it's the best Wink

@irishwill2008 wrote:Update:
Lol sorry for being such a noob at this, i looked online and tuts for using this cc magic and i cant seem to figure out how im meant to determine the conflicts?
It's ok. When you run CC Magic, you need to go throgh the list it shows with the installed mods and CCs. It will display the conflicting ones in RED and you will be able to disable whatever has issues...

Please, let us know if you got your problems solved or if you need any further assistance, we're here to help!

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by irishwill2008 on Wed 14 Jan 2015, 00:06

Thank you, i did both like you said and so far it seems to be working but slight lag and i notice it has been loading very slowly to get into the game but once in it is working but starts to lag and freezes but then unfreezes? So far i havnt got a full freeze like i use to where it stops working but i havnt played to the full extent i use to so far since i did the fixes you listed. As for cc magic.. Its on default load set i think it is and i am not sure it is showing all the things i have as only like 10 things are loaded and they are in blue even when i press refresh at the top. When i go into legacy ( Not even sure if im meant to do this ) it brings a few items up and says unknown for like 3 which is yellow and 1 green 1 blue and then 1 red. Not 100% if im doing this right with the cc magic:/ but thanks for the help so far! I really do appreciate it:)

irishwill2008
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 14 Jan 2015, 05:07

Good it's not crashing anymore! Well, you need to disable the stuff that appears in red to get rid of conflicts.

The legacy stuff are the package files, the default are usually sims3pack files.

You need to click "rebuild" for CC Magic to actually do something, sorry for not telling you this before. It will make fewer large package files with the stuff you have in many small sims3packs, improving the performance of the game a lot and solving a few issues.

Of course, whenever you have lots of CC, the performance of the game will go lower and lower, it's always natural Wink

Ah! And when you install the new fix, as instructed there, you need to remove the old fixes to avoid conflicts as well. Please let's know how it turned out...

Just curious, how much RAM do you have and what's your video card? Are you playing (and saving your documents folder) in a hard drive or SSD? Low RAM (under 6GB, as windows uses about 2 and the game can use a maximum of 4) can make your game use the page file too often. A hard drive performs slower than an SSD, so you will feel the lag more (almost like freezing sometimes) each time you need to load stuff.

I have a nice machine with 32 GB of RAM and a RAID 0 of 2 high speed SSDs, I have all store plus only a couple of CC and my game also lags depending on what i am doing, specially on build mode, creating a Sim and, worse of all, when using create a style after building a while...

It's sad, but the game is not designed for high performance computers, so it won't use much of what we may have available.

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by irishwill2008 on Thu 15 Jan 2015, 17:11

Thank you for the reply!
Not many is showing up for the CC Magic, do i need to do something to get my files showing? Only a hand full is and only 1 red in legacy as previously stated. I disabled the Red one and pressed rebuild. As for removing old fixes, Where would the old fixes be located so i could remove them, and what would the names be? Since i added the new ones into the Mods folder.
As for my ram/specs, heres some screenshots: prntscr(dot)com/5ss91w
prntscr(dot)com/5ssb94
prntscr(dot)com/5sscbv
As for video card:
prntscr(dot)com/5sscuf
This is mainly all i know about the graphics card.
It is also a HDD.
This morning i was playing for 20 mins and wasnt in build mode, my game just kept coming up game unresponsive and wasnt playing right a tall sadly:/

irishwill2008
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum