Books! :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Books! :-)

Post by BlueBite on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 18:27

Reading books has been a great pastime for me these last few years and with all the new authors its hard to keep track with the latest books.

So I opened this thread so people can post their favorite books and suggest to people good books to read.

Here is a suggestion of mine, however i'm into YA books (fantasy, dystopia) so it might not be to everyone's taste!

For action type people:

The Maximum ride series consists of 8 books in total. The first book is called 'The Angel Experiment'. It features a girl called Max and a group of her friends (They call themselves 'The Flock') who used to be an ordinary kids until they were experimented on and got wings. Soon  they find out that isn't the only thing they have developed.

In James Patterson's blockbuster series, fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time...like when Angel, the youngest member of the flock, is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were experimented on by a crew of wack jobs. Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare--this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the treetops of Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb--now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world--but can she?

I LOVE this book mostly because of the whole 'angel' 'demon' concept.
BlueBite
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims xD
Female Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books! :-)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 05:19

BlueBite wrote:Reading books has been a great pastime for me these last few years and with all the new authors its hard to keep track with the latest books.

So I opened this thread so people can post their favorite books and suggest to people good books to read.

Here is a suggestion of mine, however i'm into YA books (fantasy, dystopia) so it might not be to everyone's taste!

For action type people:

The Maximum ride series consists of 8 books in total. The first book is called 'The Angel Experiment'. It features a girl called Max and a group of her friends (They call themselves 'The Flock') who used to be an ordinary kids until they were experimented on and got wings. Soon  they find out that isn't the only thing they have developed.

In James Patterson's blockbuster series, fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time...like when Angel, the youngest member of the flock, is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were experimented on by a crew of wack jobs. Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare--this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the treetops of Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb--now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world--but can she?

I LOVE this book mostly because of the whole 'angel' 'demon' concept.

Hello BlueBite,

Nice idea for a thread ! I myself like books from the following authors:

- Stephen King
- George Orwell - a.k.a. Eric Blair
- Dan Brown (yes Razz )

It's also a shame that not too many people are reading nowadays anymore. Do you prefer "printed" books or "e-books" ? Or both ? Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockSaltShells95 on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 05:28

Well, if I had to suggest something.. Hm...
V.C. Andrews' Dollanganger Saga, I adore them. They're not for the faint of heart, though. They can become very depressing and cover a couple taboo subjects (Edited to add: Stay away from the movies. They weren't well done, IMHO, and sort of make light of everything):
        -Flowers in the Attic
        -Petals on the Wind
        -If There Be Thorns
        -Seeds of Yesterday
        -Garden of Shadows
Metro 2033 and Metro 2034 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Yeah, these are where the video games came from. I haven't really heard anymore news about the third one that was supposed to be released... Hmm..
If you're up for a comic, I highly recommend Johnny the Homicidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez Smile
RockSaltShells95
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 18:16

I thought I'd try and bring this back to life a little bit as I enjoy reading.
I spend all my dinner times at school in the libary, I've been reading a series called "Cherub" lately, it's been really fun but I hate the main character Razz
 I dislike E-Books, just can't get into em like normal books, I dunno why.

I read a lot of manga, too. I collect it alongside anime series.
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum