Sims 4 disk 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 disk 2

Post by comdon on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 22:32

halfway through installing it asks for disk 2. I looked around the forum and a solution is to open .RAR download of the sims and extract the contents onto an empty folder, however I have no idea what this means. What is .RAR? and how do i extract it?  Help thanks Facepalm Smile
comdon
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 disk 2

Post by Shamrock on Thu 08 Jan 2015, 09:48

Hello,
Please use WINRAR to extract the .rar on Windows.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3219

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 disk 2

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 05:45

@comdon wrote:halfway through installing it asks for disk 2. I looked around the forum and a solution is to open .RAR download of the sims and extract the contents onto an empty folder, however I have no idea what this means. What is .RAR? and how do i extract it?  Help thanks Facepalm Smile

Hello and welcome,

Adding to what Shamrock said, you can get the program WinRAR here (install instructions are included):
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

After installing the program, double-click on the download The Sims 4, from G4TW. It should open in WinRAR. Then you mark all the contents inside the .RAR that show up, with your mouse. And after that, you drag + drop the marked contents with your mouse, into an empty folder on your desktop. Note that this "extraction" may take a while.

When you're done, close WinRAR and then go to the folder where you extracted the stuff to. Start the installation (according to the included .pdf there) from within the folder. Good luck !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum