Sims3 Base game installation: Still asks for disks, even after the crack thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3 Base game installation: Still asks for disks, even after the crack thing

Post by AnneAnneAnne on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 00:19

Hi! 

I installed the Sims3 (base game only) on my brand new macbook. Smile

Now I really would like to play the game but it doesn't work. I searched on the internet and learned a lot about cracks in the correct folders etc. However, now it still asks for the "disk sims3" I'm getting a little frustrated. 

I tried to follow the steps from this website the best I could but I got stuck with the "fix" thing. 

Although, there is a youtube video it does not work. I tried to read everyting very carefully and now I think it might have to do something with the sentence "Before starting you MUST HAVE the following: - Have either The Sims3: Generations and/ or The Sims3: Town Life Stuff installed" 

Now I'm not sure.. Does this imply that I also need to download for example the sims generations? I can not find a good torrent for that.. And actually I just want to play Sims3 basic game.. 

Any advise? 

Many thanks in advance!

Anne

//EDIT

OK. I tried to install Pets(Fixed).rar and Tonw Life Stuff.rar because I would like to have "Pets" and I HAVE to have (at least) town life stuff to use the "Fix" thing if I understood correctly. 

Now I got into trouble again... I downloaded the torrent but I cannot install the expansions. I do not get a folder and I get an error: "Geen bruikbare decodeer formule. VLC ondersteunt het "undf" audio- of video apparaat niet. Helaas kunt u dit niet oplossen" 

I'm really unexperienced and I would appreciate some help.. 

Kind Regards, 

Anne

//EDIT

Now I've downloaded a winrar program and I was able to see the files I need to install the expansions. However, now it gives an error again!

When I try to open the Sims3SP04Setup.exe it says: "Het Programma Sims3SP04Setup.exe kan niet worden geopend, omdat Microsoft Windows  - programma;s niet worden ondersteund door OS X." 

Unfortunately I don't know how to resolve this problem. In the list of downloads I did not found expansions especially for "Mac".. Do I have to look for a special "Mac" download version for the expansions? Is there one on the games4theworld website? 

Or can I still use the "Sims3SP04Setup.exe"?? 

Please help...

AnneAnneAnne
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 Base game installation: Still asks for disks, even after the crack thing

Post by SeoY on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 19:45

//MOVED

Hi there, @AnneAnneAnne, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

As I understand, you are trying to install The Sims 3 in OS X, right? I moved your topic to "Mac Support" then.

There's an special guide for installing the game in a Mac. You can find it here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

It's quite different from the normal guide, as you need to create .dmg files (OS X won't run the .exe files) and some other things. Please give it a read and follow the instructions very carefully. If you have any other questions, please post them here.

Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 Base game installation: Still asks for disks, even after the crack thing

Post by AnneAnneAnne on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 14:13

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I followed all the steps but got stuck at the installation point: 

"Om de Sims 3 Beestenbende te installeren moet je De sims 3 al geintalleerd hebben." Selecteer een volume waar The Sims3.app al geïnstalleerd is. 

I've tried several locations (in the application folder where my sims3 base game is located, in the sims3 folder itself, at my desktop..) However, it keeps giving this "error".. 

What is ment by "volume"?

Thank you in advance,

Anne

AnneAnneAnne
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JinjerRS on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 23:50

Would be nice if the base game torrent for mac link to thepiratebay actually worked... The proxy doesn't work either.

JinjerRS
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysSimming on Fri 23 Jan 2015, 04:54

Unfortunately...The Pirate Bay is no longer working...Sad however, you can use the magnet link on the G4TW download page.

@AnneAnneAnne a volume is a disc image or can also mean the "volume" or partition on your hard drive if you have boot camp on your mac. the windows "volume" is partitioned on your hard drive.

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : All Sims Games, All Elder Scrolls Games, Mass Effect Trilogy
Male Posts : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum